The Virgin of the Sea (ONESHOT)

- I do understand the whole thing with keeping your pure bloodline, but marrying your sister with her cousin is far from acceptable. - The blonde woman in the pure red dress spoke, while she shifted from her seat, the gun uderneath her red gown, slightly uncomfortable now.

- Miss Decker, I understand for you it might sound ridiculous but that's how it has been for centuries. The Lanchestor family is with a royale line, and we must keep it, no matter if there will be blood mixing.

Chloe punched herself in her mind, cursing that she agreed to even go undercover this mission. She wasn't mentally, nor physically able to do this, but afterall she need some distraction to the dark thoughts around her head. She remembers the evidence room scene clear as day.

- Detective.. I- it's-it's complicated..

- Right, right..

-Detective.. I do.. of course I do!

- Right, right!

- Dete- Chloe!

-I lov-

And he dissapeared. Just like after her poisining. When she got out and in a haze said "Have you seen Lucifer?" she saw broken glass, and a terrified Linda, looking for Amenadiel. When she saw that Amenadiel was missing as well, this was enough to give her a red flag that something wasn't right. Lucifer's dissapearance had nothing to do with their previous conversation, it must be something important-

- Miss Decker, are you okay?

Steven Lanchestor, the son of the family, put a hand on her shoulder, getting her out of her thoughts. The Lieutenant didn't care that her partner was missing, didn't care about the sudden broken glass, he put her to guard this family, since they were targeted not only from the Whisper Killer, but a big mafia band, maybe for their money, or their  ridiculous bloodline ideas. Linda tried to talk Chloe out of it, since even on her first day of the undercover, she got shot in the leg, but Chloe desperetly needed distraction. From everything. From him.

Was she stupid for believing she can have a chance with Lucifer? No. She wasn't. But all the memories from the time where he left her for Vegas, her anxieties and insecurities came flooding back, this time with double force.

She shoved the hand annoyed and tried to drink from her wine cup. Steven was a nice guy, but he was a total narcissist and a jerk. Even bigger narcissist than Lucifer. He thought he could woo her in an instant, and even marry her. His mother of course, at first wasn't pleased because of the bloodline, but she thought about it, and allowed him to do his dirty shenanigans, without complaint.

- I am okay Mr. Lanchestor, thank you very much. - Chloe answered blankly and sipped, watching the auction.

She was supposed to stay in the van outside, monitoring the place, but the little Mr. Lanchestor, thought he could ask her on a date and attend it as a guest. She couldn't object, because of his mother, and afterall it was her job to protect them. She wished she could have someone to back her up.

- The next thing we will present is a very special necklace! We call it "The Virgin of the Sea"! Originally it was made for the dear love of the Author, Mazici Rasci, but as soon as she died, he donated it to a wonderful person, which name is unknown to our days, so HE could give it to his pure love! What a story, ladies and gentlemen! The auction starts from 215 thousand.

The people started bidding like crazy for the necklace. Even Mrs. Lanchestor started bidding hundreds of thousands dollars for it. The necklace was beautiful in Chloe's eyes. It was with pure blue diamonds, around it little pearls and lapiz lazzulis, with a golden soft chain. But it was far too expensive, ridiculous expensive in Chloe's thoughts. Her thoughts were disrupted by Steven's loud announcement: