Chapter 8 - Reunite

reunite

/riːjʊˈnʌɪt/

verb

come together or cause to come together again after a period of separation or disunity.

As that was said, Lin Hao's face turned very much red. It cannot be recognized if  he was mad, or embarassed. In any way, he stormed out of Chloe's sight immedietly, without another words said.

Chloe sighed. She didn't want to be rude towards him. But in this business, you will be the dominant one, or you will be the weak worker.  She turned and was ready to go to the office, when she felt strong hands pin her against the wall. One of the hands covered her mouth and she smelled something stinky to her nose. She tries to kick him, but a black oblivion came before her eyes and she willingly fell there.

Nothing.
She could see nothing. As she woke up, she didn't see anything. She assumed someone have put a bag on her head. She started listening carefully to her surroundings. She tried to move, but it seemed she was tied to a chair. She heard a loud thud:

"We got him, sir." Someone with a little note of Russian accent spoke.
"Good. Now we reunite the three pieces of the puzzle all together." A voice oh so familiar spoke. Hemingson..
No.. no. This must be the litteral hell. This can't be happening.
All of a sudden bright light came into view, and she needed to shrink her eyes so she could focus on the figure sitting in front of her.
He was all the same.. white beautiful long hair, purplish- pink piercing eyes, full of cruelty and brutality. He was looking directly at Chloe.
"Chloe, my beautiful wife, it has been long time since we last met."

30 years ago.
"My daughter is the sweetest. I guess she got it from her mother." John Decker smiled lovingly at his wife and glanced at the little girl that was playing with the son of a very rich and powerful family in Britain - Kitano. They had problems, so they went in LA to seek place where they can be save from the assasinators. Mr. Kitano had known John Decker for a long time. Before he became a successor he worked alongside John Decker in the police.
"I know, don't they look lovely?" Mr. Kitano gazed at them.
But what they didn't know is how Chloe had stiffened for a moment from Hemingson's words.
"Are you gonna be my wife, Chloe?" Hemingson cutely asked.
"Hemingson, I can't, without meeting the love of my life. I hope that you'll be next to me when that happens!"
"No. I swear Chloe, I will kill everyone around you to have you immerse in despair forever."

Chloe couldn't believe her ears. Her eyes were shining with tears as he reached to cup her cheek. She looked around her. On her left there was knocked over Zen, and on her right his fiancée. Maybe that was the reason Zen was here in the first place.
"Let them go, Hemingson. They don't have anything to do with me. I promise I'll stay here and won't leave just please let them go."
"As you wish, my darling."

"DO NOT CALL HER THAT."

535
This chapter has been the shortest so far, but i did it because the next one will be longer one.
I promised to post it a day ago but my shitty internet didn't let me so I hope u understand me TT