Chapter 4 - Stubborn

stubborn

/ˈstʌbən/

adjective

having or showing dogged determination not to change one's attitude or position on something, especially in spite of good arguments or reasons to do so.

The drive to the Chin's family mansion was filled with long silence. Chloe wasn't in the mood to talk anyway. She was tired and exhausted. Of everything. She got rid of the phantom mask and now her full face was exposed. Lucifer got a glimpse of it. It was still the same beautiful Chloe - the same woman that wouldn't think when she puts herself in danger, because she does not for herself, but for the ones she loves so much. The same stubborn woman that wouldn't listen to anyone, only to her mind and consciousness. The face that reminded him that she didn't fall for his charms and that everything with her was real... is real. He was gonna fix everything between them. Even if it meant for him to look at her from afar.

As they arrived at the mansion, he stopped the car and both of them got out of it. The mansion was really big. It was entirely made of quartz and was shining brightly white, despite of the dark night clouds. Chloe entered the mansion, Lucifer following her behind. The entire floor was made of clear marble and there was a big couch, some people would assume it's actually bed. On the left side there was the living room, on the right - the kitchen with many maids still working. The stairs for the second floor were entirely white and so shiny they look so easy to slip from. He assumed the 2nd floor was actually the bedrooms and bathrooms. Chloe settled on the couch as one of the maids was approaching her.

"Miss Decker, are you alright? Why are you arriving so early?" The maid chirped as she approached Chloe and worriedly looked at her. She was around her 50s with gray hair and kinda full woman, but from miles you can sense her kindness
and warmness.

"I am okay, Martha. Just make me some relaxing drink, please." Chloe sighed, rubbing her forehead.

The maid, whose name apperently was Martha nodded and fastly went to the kitchen. Chloe stared at Lucifer and let her body relax at the couch. "Now spill."

"Well, when I came back to Hell I punished Dromos and the rest for disobeying my orders and made sure everyone got my message. Then I continued doing nothing, but to think about you." He said, voice soft and look - adorable. "I left my general - Levi take care of Hell in my absence. To your concern he's as loyal as Maze is."
"Mhmm. If that is any more comforting now" Chloe smirked, remembering how Maze teamed up with Marcus... ahem, Cain, so she could go to her home. But to be honest, she knows that the demon regrets everything she has done and hopes for forgiveness. She knows that her place is now on Earth. She just hopes that she can sort out her confusing relationship with Eve as soon as possible.

The maid came with one cup of hot chocolate. Chloe's eyes lighted up and she took the cup instantly. She took a gentle sip and hummed in approval.

"Miss Decker, who is that handsome guy with you?" The old maid chirped happy and looked at Chloe. She knew that the two young brothers are not into serious relationship and she hoped that the third young mistress would go to someone serious and maybe, just maybe give birth to a child. She would be happy to watch her two kids.

"Lucifer Morningstar, I am the Detective's boyfriend."

Chloe choked on her drink and looked, wide - eyed at Lucifer. Since when she was his girlfriend. Not that she didn't feel flustered. No. She felt at cloud nine if she was honest. Blood raised and came to her cheeks, making them instantly red and heat pooled into her belly. She continued sipping until the whole cup was empty and she pastes it at the nearby tea table.

"I am going to bed. Tomorrow will be a tough day, you can do whatever you want Lucifer, but do NOT break anything." She warned and took the stairs and went to her room leaving the door open without thinking.

She pulled the zip of her dress open and let it fall to her legs, leaving her only with her black underwear. She opened her wardrobe and got one of her sleepy jumpers and put it on. It was enough to hide her backside, and fluffy to keep her warm. She tossed the dress aside and sat in front of her mirror to get rid of the makeup.

"Wow, Detective, I didn't know you were giving me a show right here."

She immediately jumped from her seat and stared at Lucifer in complete annoyance.

"What the hell are you doing here?"
"Am I not allowed to be with MY girlfriend?" Lucifer put an extra emphasis on the word "girlfriend". She immediately blushed and scoffed him.
"I never said I was your girlfriend, Lucifer."
The immediate pain in Lucifer's eyes was back and Chloe tried to fix it off.
"I didn't say that my feelings changed Lucifer. I will always and strongly love you but I am tired that everytime we experience something special, you run away. I am sick of it, and if you are giving me false hopes, you are wrong." She said and brushed her hair. "Look, as long as I fix the things here, we can be back to normal, I promise. But we really need to figure out what are we."
She approached him carefully and brushed his cheek. He looked at her in pure adoration and got her chin up. The next thing that happened was that he kissed her. Softly, sensual and full of love. They almost brushed their lips. The second kiss got a bit heated, but it was the same sensual one as the first one. Lucifer rested his forehead against hers and told her lovingly:
"Don't worry, love, from now on I won't run anymore. We will spend the rest of the eternity together. I promise."

1033