Volume 2 Chapter 1 - Back to Work

After all the celebrations, Chloe came back to her normal and previous life. As soon as she entered the precint, she got much paperwork to do. Even though she was gone for much time there wasn't any new case. But Chloe was happy that she came back at her previous routine of life. Just working in the precint brought much happiness to her heart, knowing that she can be with the people she loves and the people she cared about.

As she was writing some report Dan came immediately, smiling at Chloe:

"Welcome back, Chloe!"

"Thank you Dan! How are the things going?"

"Well nothing much happened. We have been struggling with one case, and nothing new dropped."

"Hmm, the criminals knew I wasn't there so they could proceed with their "work"" Chloe giggled and Dan chuckled.

"Yeah, so can you look at this case?"

Chloe got the files and flipped the pages. "The Austin case?"

"Yes. Later on, the forensics found that Riley Austin was actually raped after she was killed."

"Hmm, this is brutal. Making sex after you killed her."

"Exactly, but they didn't get any DNA from it. It seems he cleaned himself before he left the body."

"Anything else?"

"Her mother said that Riley currently got in an argument with her ex, Mark Gobbers, because she thought he cheated on her."

"Was he in the local area during the murder?"

"Actually no. He was out of town with his friend - Derek Samiel."

"Is this everything?"

"We have found a possible weapon for the murder. She was stabbed 6 times in the chest with a normal kitchen knife. No fingertips on it."

Chloe flipped the last pages and deeply thought. This case was more complicated and it only drove them to a dead end. He wasn't a serial killer for sure, but he cleaned himself pretty well. Chloe sighed and handed the files to Dan.

"Find more information about Riley, like really far family members and etc."

"On it." And with that Dan left.

Chloe looked back at her report, but was immedietly stopped by a cheerful British accent, cheering next to her.

"Good Morning, Detective! You left really fast so I brought you some breakfast." He said, smiling warmly at her and handed her the bag, with a donut and coffee.

"Thank you Lucifer. Hey can I ask you a question?"

Lucifer curiously looked at her and sat on a chair in front of her desk.

"Do you remember Austin's case?"

"The one with the left like a dead deer stabbed girl?"

"Yes. It has been reopened." She said, rolling her eyes. "I think I'll go to the crime scene again to investigate. Everything seems too fishy, don't you think?"

"Yes, but love, you just came back from really stressful period of time. Don't you think you deserve some time for you to relax?"

"I had enough time, Lucifer. Besides being here is what I want." She said picking some files and leaving the confused devil alone.

--------------------------

She carefully opened the door to the apartment, where the crime had happened. It hasn't been touched and everything was in place. Only the body wasn't here. She looked around and carefully approached, when a loud bang was heard. She jumped and out of pure instict she got her gun out and pointed it at the place the loud bang was heard. A vase was broken and a tall handsome man was standing next to the broken peaces. He wasn't scared or anything because of the pointed gun. He was intrigued, looking at Chloe.

"Um, excuse me, but you do realize this is a crime scene right?"

"Oh I do. I'm really sorry."

The man was looking handsome and quite a bit like Lucifer. The man had a blonde hair with blue oceanic eyes.

"What is your name, sir?"

"Michael. The name's Michael."

644
This was a short one but I promise the next one to be longer!