Chapter 12 - Alone

alone

/əˈləʊn/

adjective

having no one else present

She was sitting in one of the corners of her room. She was very dead inside. How was she supposed to make 100 million for 6 months? It was impossible. She couldn't ask someone to simply lend her that much money. And it was practically impossible to make it in the company as she was now practically locked there. Her eye locked on the floor as she heard the door opening. She locked her gaze at the man who entered. It was Wuming.

"Young Madam, are you hungry?"
"No, thanks." She simply spoke, returning her gaze at the floor.
"The car will be ready soon, Young Madam"
"Car?"
"Yes, his Highness has ordered for us to drive you to the Chin company."
"He lets me out?"
"Of course, Young Madam. He is not that kind of monster you think he is."

Chloe bitterly chuckled as she got up and followed Wuming to the car. The whole car drive was silent. You could feel the tension between the people in the car. The driver was awkwardly looking at Chloe at some times, when they were at a stop. He was instructed to keep her contained and to not run away. He never applied for such kind of job.
After some time, they arrived. Chloe hasitaly went out and entered the company. She saw Lucas - Chandler's person and before Wuming followed her, she tucked his jacket and both of them entered the office.

"Young Miss, what happened? You left the hospital without-"
"I need you to connect Chandler and Lucifer. I am under Hemingson's grip and I need to talk to them fast."
"Yes, Young Miss."

Lucas got his phone out and dialed Chandler's number. It beeped for a while, but finally he picked up.

"Any lead, Lucas?"
"It's me Chloe, listen Chandler I-"
"Where the hell are you, Chloe? What happened?"
"Listen, is Lucifer close to you?"
"Yes and now he put you on loudspeaker love, where are you?" Lucifer spoke. She felt relieved to know that he was fine.
"Listen I needed to go with Hemigson, he was ready to hurt Trixie so listen up, I have made a deal with him. If i earn 100 million in 7 months he'll leave the UK"
"What if you don't?" Chandler asked.
"I'll be forced up to marry him-"
"Impossible!" Lucifer snarled. He wasn't happy about this fact. "Detective, how can I help you?"
"I don't know Lucifer. I needed to make this call fast before they come back. Please take care of yourself."
Chloe almost broke down and she let some tears drop out of her eye and she left the room as she saw Wuming and the bodyguards outside.
"Ready, Young Madam?"
Chloe simply nodded.

She was staying in her office for most of the time. The bodyguards didn't let anyone that was connected with her brothers in. Hemingson's orders - she assumed. She was worried that Lucifer will come and cause trouble, but she let those thoughts away from her head. A loud knock announced the arrival of someone. It was Wuming.

"Young Madam, do you need anything?"
"No.. actually, Wuming, can I ask a couple of questions?"

Wuming looked intrigued and closed the door and sat on one of the comfy chairs.

"Of course Young Madam. Spit it out"
"Well, what happened after I left the UK? What caused Hemingson's change?"

Wuming sighed. He assumed that Chloe would ask this question.

"After you left, Young Madam, his Highness kept being bullied by his other half siblings much. You know that he was created by the rape of the old king, so the only person he knew and loved much was his mother. When he met you, he thought that finally some light will come into his life. When you left, he was sad but he knew you'll come back. Unfortunately, one night, his mother was murdered."

Chloe gasped. Tears started forming before her eyes.

"His Highness was devastated and full of sadness. Of course, he craved for revenge. He swore that he will not hurt the ones he loves and protect them. Even though he's forcing himself on you, Young Madam, he loves you deeply."
"Why do you know so much of him? More than me?"
"I am one of his half siblings"

Chloe's mouth dropped. How..?

"However, Young Madam, if there is someone who loves you more than His Highness and you love him back, I'll free you myself, even if it means losing my life and his trust. I want the best for both of you."

Chloe was speechless. She didn't know whether to believe him or not. But why he would lie anyway? What's the use of lying now.

"Thanks for your honesty, Wuming. I appreciate it."
"I thank you, Young Madam, for entering my brother's life, and making him happy."
"You told me you'll free me if I love someone else?"
"Yes." Wuming said.
"Then let me tell you, more about me and Lucifer."

837