Too weak

"Itachi..."

"Y/n?" Naruto curiously peeked out his room.

"Naruto get away from them!" She shouted.

Naruto flinched at the sound of her voice.
"But why?"

Before she could answer Kisame cut in.
"So your the brat I sensed earlier. Itachi wasn't she the girl leader wants us to bring back? Who knew such powerful shinobi like you was just a mere child... as well for the nine tails."

Itachi stared down at Naruto.
"Why don't we take a walk."

Naruto hesitated but slowly walked out.

"Say Itachi since it would be bothersome if these two
decided to run shouldn't we chop off a leg just in case?" Kisame reached to grab the hilt of his sword. Y/n tensed up at his movements. He slowly walked toward the two.
Without wasting time she unsheathed her own sword and pulled Naruto behind her.

"Ah so your a sword user as well... well then this shall be fun."

"Don't get over confident Hoshigaki." Y/n trembled slightly fear taking over her slightly recalling what Zabuza once told her.

Flashback
"Swing harder you must add more power in your swings or else you'll never survive in this world!" Her sensei shouted.

A small y/n panted exhausted from training yet still complied.
"Hai!"
She swung her small training sword at a tree slicing the tree in half but in the process breaking her sword.

Zabuza sighs at the sight of the shattered weapon.
"Your too rough with it. This is the sixth sword you've broken y/n."

"I know..." She slumped against the stump of the tree. Zabuza took a seat next to her.

"Y/n, the trick to this is to get the most out of your sword without over doing it. Focus on the amount of strength you put into your sword. If you can't do that you can't expect to be called a swordsman if your main weapon keeps breaking."

Y/n stared at Zabuza's sword.
"Sensei."

"Hm?"

"Your one of the seven swordsmen of the mist, correct?.... Who is the strongest out of you all?"

"What's with the sudden question?"
Zabuza asked perplexed.

"... I heard of one of the swordsmen... Kisame Hoshigaki... he is a renowned rogue ninja and his sword samehada. I've heard of how powerful he is..."

Zabuza rests his large hand on her head.
"He is a quite powerful man. You shouldn't be around him he is highly dangerous as well. He would slice anyone's head off just for his own amusement..."

Y/n trembled slightly under his touch.
"And.. what if I were to encounter him one day. What should I do?"

'She's frightened by him? Well I have to keep in mind she is just a child."

"Well as a swordsman I don't run away from a fight ,but I don't start a fight I know I can't win... but that's why we train to get stronger... but if you do encounter him one day don't get intimidated he as well has his weaknesses... he's human just like us..."

Y/n looked down at her hands.
'Yeah human...'
Flashback end

"She even trembles like a scared puppy. Say even being the pupil of that "kid" must have not made you much stronger than him considering he's dead." Kisame emphasized Zabuza.