Chapter 4

A/N: There's also a picture of Gen on the side. :D x

Chapter 4

“You guys should only take the essentials. No need for other things. Oh, and check the expiration date in each food container, okay?” Rye says to Sonja and Anya who both nods.

I decided that I’ll be the one driving today mainly so that Rye can take care with the two girls in the back. Yes, I am now referring to Sonja as a female. I don’t really appreciate getting scolded. Let alone by a Halfling.

“So where are we going exactly?” Anya asks, leaning forward. I glance at her and she’s looking at me expectantly, waiting for an answer. “Because we’ve passed at least three convenient stores right now.”

“Those are empty,” Rye explains. “Well, not really but we’ve been before obviously. We took most of the soup you eat from those three convenient stores. The next stop will probably be at least a few more hours away so just sit back and chillax, okay?”

Anya sighs and leans back, crossing her arms. I noticed that Anya keeps her distance away from Sonja. I would too. Even though Sonja has approval from most of the people in HQ, she’s still a Halfling and we still don’t know if we can trust her enough to be alone with her for a few hours. Bo and Rye seem fine doing it, but they see her as Vera’s daughter and they think she’s so innocent.

Sonja catches my eye and I don’t look away. Her eyes really beguile me sometimes. The pale rain gray color of it is so mesmerizing, it’s hard to take your eyes away. I examine her eyes sometimes carefully. The catlike shape of her eyes to the thick long dark eyelashes to the straight bushy eyebrows that would look unattractive to most women, but I don’t care. It’s one of Vera’s strongest features and it suited her. It suited Sonja too.

This time, I do look away and stare at the road ahead. I see her shake her head from the corner of my eye and turn away to look outside.

“The boredom is killing me,” Anya mutters. We all look at her at the same time, well, I just glanced at her through the mirror. “Let’s play a game.”

“What game?” I ask.

“Truth or Dare,” she says with a wicked smile on her face. “I’ll go first,” she announces and shifts on her seat so that she’s facing Rye’s direction. “Rye, truth or dare?”

“Truth.”

“How old were you when you lost your virginity?” That question definitely made me laugh. Really laugh. I don’t remember the last time I laughed like this but I really missed it. Rye laughs as well. Anya smiles and Sonja just blinks. Obviously oblivious to the situation happening before her eyes. “Well?” Anya arches an eyebrow.

“Okay, I was seventeen,” he says and leans back. “Sonja, truth or dare?”

“Must I choose? I don’t even have secrets to say and there are very few things to do inside here,” she mutters, flushing. She must be embarrassed because she’s right. She barely has anything to say to us that we all don’t know. I’m sure Rye knows her better than anyone else inside this car.

“Just choose one.”

“Fine, truth.”

“Okay, tell everyone here who you find is the most attractive person you know.”

Sonja remains quiet; she thinks for a few seconds then purses her lips. She flushes and I’d give anything to know what she’s thinking at the moment.

“Well? We’re waiting Sonja,” Anya says, giving her a reassuring smile. “You can pick a girl too you know. Well, actually you don’t. But now you do.”