𝟎𝟑

ASIYA
BEVERLY HILLS, CA

"Go ahead and wait outside of my office," she tells us before walking towards the nurse's office.

I huff and roll my eyes once again when I noticed the only empty seat was next to Hunter. His hands were red and bloody and his face was a tinted pink, which was from him being so angry.

the fact that white people turn pink from being so angry is so funny to me.

I huff as I plop down in the seat next to him. He looks over at me and glares, but I ignore him. I put my AirPods in and turn my music on.

After a few minutes of my music playing, Hunter taps my shoulder.

"What?" I snap.

I didn't mean to lash out at him, it's just I'm hungry and irritated. I don't even know why I'm in this stupid ass office when I did nothing.

"Turn your fucking music down. I shouldn't be able to hear that shit." He snaps.

I take what I said back. I did mean to lash out at him.

I glare at him and turn it all the way up. I swear he's so moody. One minute he's angry with someone, the next he's laughing or flirting with them. Like, make it make sense, sir.

"Make me." I dare him as I stare at him in the eyes.

We stared at each other for a moment before he snatched my phone out of my hand.

I watched in shock as he quickly turned the volume down, then tossed it back on my lap. This white man is crazy.

"Too fucking big to be having them damn anger issues," I mumbled loud enough for him to hear as I picked my phone back up and turned the volume ALL the way up.

"Shut the fuck up." He grumbled.

I snort, "you shut the fuck up. It's your fault I'm in here, anyway."

"How the fuck is it my fault? You should've minded your business, but you watched."

"I was on my way to go get lunch, so I wasn't worried about your shitty ass business. I wouldn't want to voluntarily be in your business, anyway." My fingers move across my phone screen rapidly as I text my sister, Neveah.

"You used to be though." He says which catches my attention.

A smirk plays on his lips as if he knows what he said had gotten to me.

"We were 12 and back then we were friends. I don't surround myself around you anymore because of your passive-aggressiveness."

He chuckled, "or were you jealous of a certain someone? And I could've sworn I stopped hanging out with you not the other way around."

Before I could respond, I heard the clicking of Principal Michaels' heels.

"Both of you, up," she says as she walks past us and opens up her office door.

I grab my book bag and pick it up before walking inside. I sit in one chair and Hunter sits in the other.

She takes a seat behind her mahogany brown desk, "Now Henry is on his way to the hospital because of the extent of his injuries."