Chapter 9

Every time, around the underworld, outside the pub here just sat a heartbroken and doubtful Victor on one of the opened coffins, he suddenly took out of his pocket on his father's torn wedding suit a small branch with white, tiny, beautiful flowers, which Victoria had given him two days earlier because he had played the piano so beautifully and elegantly that she had liked it very much since they had first met before attending a wedding rehearsal. He was all too heartbroken when he heard the news from his winged one-eyed seeker that Victoria was going to marry another man. Victor did not have to believe that it was too late for him to return to the human world, and he was not sure what to do now than to leave his own life.

"Oh, dear." Victor said sadly to himself, sighed softly. "l'm too late."

And then he dropped a branch of white flowers on the ground, and so far a few small petals fell from them.

Victor tilted his head down, sighing in despair, but now he did not feel too happy for what he had done to himself.
But suddenly he heard someone's female voice in front of him, which is more like the voice of a dead bride.

"Oh, Mrs. Plum, what am l to do?" Emily's voice spoke as Victor stood up and went through his eyes through the almost closed door, when there was a kitchen in the bright line of the curtain of light, and two people were standing at the table - Emily and even a fat dead chef woman, which they both had a conversation about Victor which he left the pub every minute. "He just walked off without saying a word. Are all men like this?"

"Well, l'm afraid none of them are very bright." A fat dead chef woman named Mrs. Plum spoke when she immediately pulled a knife from the hunchbacked cook's back. "They get something stuck in their heads and you can't do a thing with them."

While Miss Plum and Emily began to leave the kitchen, until here came from the nearest kitchen door a humpbacked, bony, old skeleton with his small spectacles on the nose of his skull, and even his gray, thin long beard below on his chin, Victor had never seen this old skeleton before once he escaped from a pub in the middle of the outer center of the underworld due to the onset of his anxious situation and cowardice, and when he was now reassured by the cessation of his fears of undead people they had no intention of attacking him, as he has imagined since then.

When the young man closely watches the elder, who he approached the dead bride, and holds an open book in his hands.

"My dear, we have to talk." the wise old skeleton spoke dryly as he placed a large book on the table.

But there was a green worm in the book, and he excitedly reached for the page of the book with his tail (A/N: How did maggot get out of Emily's head and approach Elder Gutknecht for some important matters for her? Well, that was when Victor left the pub, Emily in despair threw her maggot out of her head so that she could not hear from his ridicule for her new husband, which is why this young man was thinking something about another event from the loss of fate with Victoria in their marriage, and since then the maggot has had to tie Victor to leave his life and stay with Emily as dead forever), which he was too eager to tell Emily about some more important matters that the old skeleton had arranged himself.

"Let me tell her, please. Let me tell her." The green worm begged at the elder, but that old skeleton ignored him.

"What?" The dead bride asked when the green worm wanted to say something to her.

"There is a complication with your marriage." The old skeleton calmly declared.

"l don't understand." She said so confused.

"The vows are binding only until death do you part." The elder explained the new complication of the marriage to Emily and Victor.

"What are you saying?" Emily asked uncertainly.