Chapter 8

The next day, the day that Victoria and Lord Barkis' new wedding would begin here today, when the sunrise had already risen almost high on the lawn, so Van Dorts and ragdoll Mayhew began to set out in search of Victor, when they came out of the empty mansion, Mr. Van Dort and Mayhew first pasted a poster on the back of the carriage, but there was a picture of shy Victor on it to let the villagers or other residents from another location remember if he was really lost in the forbidden forest. Before going to the road, apparently Mrs. Van Dort kept a large jar from the shelf of the gallery room under the mansion, but under it lay a dark green ball, like a giant bean, and for a moment, and then this ball opened its one eye with sky blue pupil as if it woke up so timely in the bright morning than in the night. After that, Mrs. Van Dort opened the lid of the jar, and the dark green ball immediately came out of the jar, from now on they had their small arms and legs with yellow claws on bony fingers and toes, on the upper head were small green and black horns, near the arms rose almost large leather bat wings, there is a silent one-eyed creature flying there, staring intently at Mrs. Van Dort with her upset and anxious look.
She approached them doubtfully, and spoke at least with the word to allow them to carry out her whims to look in the middle of the empty forest where her poor son went.

"Rest assured, Nibrit. Please, try to fly at least once and find everywhere around the forest where my poor son got lost here." Mrs. Van Dort gently instructed them, this one-eyed creature named Nirbit, he was adequately seeker of lost things, which he had the opportunity to deal with, he had keen eyesight to look closely at the places where these lost things lay, or even Victor, especially from his childhood, perhaps. And then Mrs. Van Dort added for the last time. "When William and I come back when the sun starts to set, and you fly back to us as soon as possible and tell us where he is now, okay?"

Nirbit nodded obediently for serving her whims, he quickly raised his wings much harder, and from now on he flew higher to the sky, then circling, and then flew here to high above the entrance gate. And Van Dorts had already climbed inside the carriage, since then Mayhew has been guiding the horse to go from the village to the entrance gate, and how else to go to the bridge and then on a dry road past the edge.

Meanwhile, Nirbit was almost flying out of the small village, until he suddenly stopped at a distance from the ground, approached closer to the town crier, which he began to ring his bell and informed all the villagers of the unpleasant news.

"Victor Van Dort disappeared from sight around the darkened forest! Heartbroken bride to wed wealthy newcomer!"

Oh no, the news is not good for Victor to hear this, Nirbit knew how the whole world was so worth it. He concentrated for a moment and flew on through the leafless gloomy forest in search of Victor, but immediately flew inside a dark gray darkness with the glare of the sun.

***

Meanwhile, in the underground town (known as the Land of the Dead), where living corpses and skeletons come everywhere in the square in all places with a statue of a skeleton horseman sitting on a skeleton horse, which it stands behind the pub.
But on the contrary, the dead bride came out of the pub, she walked quietly in the square with a few dead people, and then stood, far behind the statue, for a moment looked around the spectacle, where her husband went. And finally she started calling his name.

"Victor, darling, where are you?" The dead bride called softly, until no one heard her call, especially Victor, who disappeared everywhere on the underground town.

It was here that she heard a subtle, high-pitched voice in her head, but it was the voice of the same green worm that first appeared in the pub.

"if you ask me, your boyfriend is kind of jumpy." The worm's voice spoke.