Chapter nine: secret out

Jongin

My head was hurting like crazy and I was cursing under my breath whilst moaning in pain; I placed my hand over my forehead as I could barely bear the pain. 

I must've fallen during the flip and hit my head and knocked myself unconscious for a moment. I knew the moment I slipped right before the flip that it'd turn out bad, and I was for some reason getting a flashback of Chanyeol and his derpy smile. I didn't even know why I thought of that. I must've gone mad, which wouldn't have surprised me anymore, since I thought I had turned mad long time ago. Or it was just me who was finally facing reality.

I slowly opened up my eyes after I noticed I wasn't lying on the floor in the practice room anymore, but on something more softly. Like a bed. 

I sat up and glanced around, and my eyes widen in shock. I was in Kyungsoo's room. I looked down and noticed I was lying in his bed. 

"Oh, you're awake already," said the small squishy one, and my body automatically stood up from his bed out of embarrassment of being in it when it wasn't even mine. "No, don't stand up yet." He ran towards me after placing whatever he had in his hands on the nightstand and made me lay back down on the bed again. He was sitting on the edge of his own bed whilst I was lying there, and he held his hand on top of my forehead to check my temperature. "You're burning up, he commented, which I mentally rolled my eyes to. It wasn't because of fever.

"I'm okay, you don't have to nurse me," I mumbled, a bit embarrassed, but he forced me back down. I was a bit astonished by his sudden force, but obeyed without questioning him. 

"Here, take this," he said as he gave me a pill and a glass of water. I figured out it was painkillers, so I took one and let the water flush it down my throat. 

He laid the glass back on the table and picked up something else from the small table he had in the middle of his room. 

"I made some food for you," he said with a soft tone and handed me some sandwiches. I didn't want to seem so spoiled to just accept everything, so I shook my head.

"I'm not hungry." Of course right at that moment my belly decided to make an elephant noise that I bet even the neighbours heard, and I - for the first time - saw a smile on Kyungsoo's face; I even heard a small giggle coming from him.

"Sounds like it - "

"You smiled!" I practically yelled surprised, even surprising him as I made his eyes widen whilst his fingertips slightly touched his own lips astonished. 

"I did?" He seemed just as surprised as me, like he had never known that his lips could curve upwards at all. 

"Your smile is very pretty," I smiled, "your lips looked like a heart." I  didn't actually didn't plan to say that out loud, and we both stared at each other, red as we ever could be.

"Uhm, thanks," he answered, mostly shyly, and got up from the bed. I decided to just eat the sandwich to shut myself up he had given me. 

I felt incredibly stupid and embarrassed for suddenly saying that out loud instead of keeping it to myself. 

"It's really good," I commented not the food to not make is so silent and awkward between us, "did you make it?"

"Yeah, I made it whilst you were still unconscious," he replied. I nodded as I continued to eat. It was honestly delicious. I wouldn't mind eating more of his food to be fully honest. It was even better than my own mother's sandwiches. 

"You're a really good cook," I complimented, "where did you learn?" I asked, hoping to create another topic to forget what happened previously.

"My mother loves to cook, and even teaches me stuff," he explained, "since I don't have a sister she can teach, she teaches me instead, but I don't mind. I like to cook. It makes me feel relaxed and be in my own little world for a moment." His expression was soft as he was explaining, and it fascinated me to study. 

"What do you usually think about?" I asked curiously. 

"Why I have this disorder." His eyes widen as he quickly realised what he had just said in front of me, and he quickly covered his own mouth with his hands. 

I didn't really react since I forgot for a moment that he hadn't told me about his disorder, but his friend, Baekhyun.

I decided to tell him, since it was about time. "I know about your disorder," I mumbled whilst looking down at my own lap. 

He stared at me. "How?"

"I asked Baekhyun," I admitted, "I knew something was going on, and I was really curious, and worried for you. I didn't want to force you to tell me because you looked to be uncomfortable talking about it and since I was your friend, I didn't want to. I asked Baekhyun to tell me, and he finally gave in," I explained, and he continued to stare at me. "I'm sorry, it doesn't have anything to do with me and I'm sorry I asked your friend to tell me." I felt really bad for asking someone behind his back, and I hoped he'd forgive me.

"I'm actually glad you know about it. I was constantly thinking over and over again how to tell you without you being disgusted by me, and didn't want to be my friend anymore," he told me, surprising me by how well he took it, "I was hoping someone would tell you instead of me, but I also wanted to tell you myself." He got up and sat beside me on the edge of his bed. We both sat beside each other and stared down at our own lap. 

"Yeah, I'm sorry. I should've minded my own business," I apologised. I saw in the corner of my eyes that he shook his head, making his hair flap from side to side.

"No, it's okay," he whispered, "now you finally know." There was a long pause between, but it wasn't awkward at all actually. It was rather a comfortable silence.

"So... You can't feel it when I do this?" I asked and punched him on the arm, not too weak, but he didn't react at all, nor did he flinch.

"No," he mumbled, rather disappointed and I smiled, trying to comfort him.

"How about when I do this?" I asked again and placed my hand on his shoulder and put some slight weight on it.

"Barely," he replied again whilst shaking his head, "it's not as good as it seems." I glanced at him questioningly, followed by with a small confused frown. "It's actually a danger to my body. If I get wounded, or a serious injured, I wouldn't notice and it could turn out to be seriously infected. I wouldn't notice, and it'd damage my body even more." He seemed very depressed by it, so I tried to think of something to make the mood go up for him. 

"Alright, then make a promise with me," I said excitedly and held out my pinky, followed by a confused frown from him. "Every morning and night, you have to check your body to see if you have any injuries or wounds, and if you do, you have to clean them. Promise?" 

He actually smiled again. I was still taken about every time I saw it, but I decided not to comment because then it'd disappear. 

And I wasn't lying earlier. He seriously looked pretty whilst smiling. He brought up his hand and we intertwined our pinky fingers together and our thumbs connected. 

"Promise," he whispered, and another smile took its appearance. 

"See? It's not that hard to smile," I cheered happily and grabbed both of his cheeks, forcing him to smile. 

He slightly flinched, but still continued to smile softly as he had gotten a bit more used to it.