Chapter 13: The Christmas party

Jongin

It was finally the day of the Christmas party. From what we had heard from Baekhyun and Chanyeol, the couple that was showing up had to wear matching outfits. I found it a bit embarrassing but I went on with is, since I really wanted to wear a couple outfit with Kyungsoo. I was planning on having on my nicest jeans, and a plaid red shirt with a Christmas red sweater tied around my shoulder. Kyungsoo was also wearing jeans, a white fuzzy sweater and a bow that matched my shirt. The couple that was holding the party, Luhan I think and his boyfriend, lived close to Kyungsoo, so we agreed to meet at his house and go together to the party. We'd meet up with Baekhyun and Chanyeol at the party when it starts, and they said we had to take a picture. A couple picture. It was for Luhan and his boyfriend so they'd know who was there, who was the couple, and they'd give a price to the couple that looked best together.

I texted him to see if he was ready or not: 'hey, you ready yet? Can I come over now?' It didn't take long before he replied.

'Just need to take the bow on then I'm ready. Just come now if you want to'. I replied shorty by just saying I was on my way, and grabbed my keys before locking after myself and went over to Kyungsoo's house. I rang the bell when I finally reached his house, and he come out.

"Hey", he said shortly and I frowned at him.

"Hey?" I repeated and he looked up at me. It was a bit awkward silence for a moment.

"What do you want me to say? Wassup?" I chuckled at his joke and playfully hit him on the arm.

"Let's go". He nodded and we followed the description Baekhyun had given us on paper where the house was. We hoped to have reached the right house and rang the bell. Judging by the noisy music and people chattering it must be right. We got greeted by a grinning boy that must be Luhan. He stared with a bright happy smile and waited. I forgot that we hadn't introduced ourselves.

"Uhm, hi. Baekhyun and Chanyeol invited us. My name is Jongin and this is Kyungsoo", I said and both of us bowed while Luhan seemed even happier.

"Oh you're that cute couple they mentioned! Please let me take a picture of you", he said happily while holding tightly on the camera that was hanging around his neck. He pointed it at us, and I suddenly felt a lot more pressure than I had expected. I held my arm awkwardly around Kyungsoo's shoulder and forced a smile that probably looked like I had just pooped my pants. "Come on! Be original, and act natural. You're together, right? Then do something fun!" I removed my hand and Kyungsoo and I switched glances before smiling and nodding. We raised on hand out on the other side of our body (meaning my right hand because I was standing on his right side) and we formed it together, making a big heart while we leaned our head together and smiled brightly and looked into the camera. "Yes! Great! Lovely picture!" He yelled, pleased with out pose and smirked at the picture of us he had just taken. "They were right, you're absolutely adorable together. Wanna see?" I hesitated a bit I wanted to see it and he turned it around to let us see. I felt even more shy as I thought of how cute we looked together, and how I wanted that to be real. I wonder how he'd react if he knew we weren't really together. "Oh and I'm Luhan by the way. Sorry, forgot to introduce myself", he said as he let us inside. Suddenly came a taller boy who surprised Luhan with a back hug and kissed him on the top of his head. "Sehunnie!" Luhan screeched happily and wrapped his arms around him. "That's Jongin and Kyungsoo, the couple Baekkie and Channie mentioned". Sehunnie glanced at us and reached out his hand.

"Sup, I'm Sehun". We shook his head and waited for something to happen afterwards. We didn't even know if Chanyeol and Baekhyun had come yet.

"Uhm, have Chanyeol and Baekhyun arrived yet?" I asked politely and I jumped a bit by the sudden gentle punch I got on the shoulder from Luhan.