__Broken_

Taehyung takes you to a small apartment complex where you silently climb up the elevator. 

1..

2...

3...

4..

5...

6.....

The doors violently shake as they slide open. 

Taehyung opens the door and stumbles inside. A figure appears, silhouetted in a corona of light spraying out from the room inside. 

Taehyung speaks. "Hey.." 

"Tae, what're you doing here so late?" 

He draws his attention from his brother to notice you, supporting Taehyung. 

"Oh hello, I'm Jimin." He extends his hand in a courteous manner, you take it. He has the same frame as Taehyung but slightly slimmer and smaller, his messy silver hair glistens in the light from the room behind him. 

"I'm Y/n" you say with a small, warm smile. The action seems so unfamiliar, you don't smile often.  

Something tugs at your nose. You smell something, something that could make you lose your sanity.

" Is it okay if we crash here tonight?" Taehyung says.

Jimin laughs, "I've already got Hobi here already. Why not?" 

Taehyung leads you past Jimin to the kitchen. 

Jimin opens the fridge.

 Your eyes widen. 

He has human flesh in his fridge. 

 Why does that surprise you so much?

You realize why. 

the smell. 

You turn to him, "You're human."

He nods. "Right."

You turn to Taehyung and then to Jimin. "So if you're a ghoul.." You turn to Taehyung. "..and you're a human. How do you get along?" 

Jimin smiles, understanding your confusion. "We're brothers." 

"I hadn't heard of anything like that before." You stand there, trying to comprehend what you have just been told.

"Yeah now eat. You're starving" Taehyung says, picking a piece of flesh from the fridge and extending his arm to you. 

It was true, you were hungry.

Taehyung didn't have to tell you that. You knew already that you were starving. 

You let his hand, holding the flesh , hang, in midair. 

You don't take it. You didn't want to eat human anymore. 

You refuse to receive his kindness. You stare at the floor, your hair shading your eyes from his.

The rugged piece of flesh hits the floor. 

You walk out of the room, only to find another man sprawled out on the couch, asleep. 

He has cherry red hair and looks beautiful in his sleep. At peace, despite the horrors raging in his mind on a daily basis. He shifts, then jerks awake to stare at you.

You freeze.

"I..I'm sorry I didn't mean to disturb you."

He looks at you quizzically, admires your face, then replies.

"You didn't."

________________________________________________________________________________

In the other room the two men continue to stare at the flesh on the ground, the blood from it splattering the floor around it.

Jimin shifts his eyes up to look at Taehyung. The man was broken. He knew that. 

He acted like everything in the world didn't bother him. But inside, he was a powerless wreck.

 The world was a minefield, and Taehyung set off every mine. 

Jimin wasn't much different. He lived alone and drowned himself in his dreams. He was locked inside his mind unable to escape. 

He had nothing. Nothing left to hold close. Nothing to call his own.

He had no key to escape his creeping insanity.

Jimin leaned down to pick up the bedraggled flesh, carelessly dropping it in the garbage. He grabbed the mop leaning against the side of the fridge. He wiped away the stain of blood. the stain of human misery too late to heal. The blood of a fellow human being.

________________________________________________________________________________

The fiery headed male stared through you with his ebony black eyes. He then stares down onto his twisted hands on his lap. He terrified but also mystified you. Then he stands up cupping his hands around his mouth and hollering,

"Jimin! Who is this woman?!"

You jump back, surprised the volume. You're temped to laugh by his wording. Something so random and sudden could send you into fits of laughter. 

"I'm Y/n, and you know, you could've just asked."

He throws his head back, "Right."

Jimin staggers in, followed by Taehyung, who looks worried. You slump over, then fall to the floor. 

The pain is blinding. You thrash around but then feel strong arms restraining you. You try to stop, but you can't. You fall, slowly and painfully into unconsciousness.

Hunger pains were more intense than usual. 

Oh.. right... that.