𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚎

╔

❝𝙸 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚜𝚘 𝚖𝚞𝚌𝚑 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚗𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚌𝚊𝚗 𝚖𝚊𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚘 𝚖𝚎 - 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗 𝚢𝚘𝚞... 𝙾𝚗𝚕𝚢 𝚖𝚢 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎- 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚊𝚗𝚜𝚠𝚎𝚛. 𝙽𝚘𝚝 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚒𝚗𝚍𝚒𝚏𝚏𝚎𝚛𝚎𝚗𝚌𝚎.❞

𝚊. 𝚛𝚊𝚗𝚍

Damon had been miserable in the next following days. Whenever he felt the right moment approaching, something prevented him from telling Eris about his mum's letter. He felt like the world was against him and the more he had to wait, the harder it got to convince himself to say those words, especially since Eris had been in a difficult mood in general. Damon blamed this on Rosier and Sadia's sudden need to flaunt their relationship all around Hogwarts. They seemed to have grown closer to each other than expected and they weren't afraid to show it off. Regardless of Eris acting like she wasn't bothered, Damon knew she wanted to feed Evan to the dragons - he saw the way Eris' ice blue eyes darkened into an ocean deep colour whenever the Rosier boy's lips brushed against Sadia's. He also noticed how Eris stretched her left leg in the right moment for Evan to trip over it, in front of the whole class during Astronomy.

Damon also did everything he could to avoid running into Kwan. He took different roots around the school than he normally did, even if it meant that he had to spend more time getting to class. He caught the Hufflepuff boy's eyes once or twice during meals, but he always made sure to turn his head in the opposite direction right after they shared an eye gaze. However, Kwan didn't seem like he wanted to talk to him, which bothered him more than he'd liked to admit.

"Stop eyeing him, it's creepy!" Astrid hissed at Damon during supper.

"Leave me alone" mumble Damon in a grumpy tone. He didn't eat much since he read the letter, he just picked his food.

Damon took his eyes off of Kwan, who seemed happier than usual, chatting with his friends, laughing at their jokes.

"Where's Eris? I haven't seen her in our dorm this afternoon" asked Astrid, looking around the Slytherin table, noticing that Eris in fact is not sitting among them.

Damon sighed, he hadn't got a clue about Eris' whereabouts and it made him suspicious. At first, he thought she might have been with Evan, but he was sitting at the end of the table with his friends and Sadia, who - as it seemed - couldn't keep her hands to herself.

"She might be in the library" he answered, keeping his gaze on his plate.

He felt the weight of the knowledge he didn't ask for pushing him and his mental state deeper and deeper down as the days went by without confessing. He was overwhelmed and the thought of Eris falling apart crushed him. He wanted to tell her, he truly did, but how could he when the words he needed to say were so heavy? He hated secrets; he believed they were capable of eating one alive, so why was he such a coward? He usually wasn't one to sympathize with anyone, and empathy wasn't a quality he possessed, but the thought of hurting the one person he felt close to in this world wounded him - a deep cut on his heart that bled whenever the idea came to mind.