𝚝𝚎𝚗

╔

❝𝙸 𝚠𝚘𝚗𝚍𝚎𝚛 𝚒𝚏 𝚏𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚜 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚐𝚘 𝚊𝚠𝚊𝚢, 𝚘𝚛 𝚒𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚢 𝚓𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚕𝚘𝚜𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚒𝚛 𝚙𝚘𝚠𝚎𝚛 𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚞𝚜.❞

𝚟. 𝚛𝚘𝚝𝚑

Professor Kettleburn held a doxy in his hand, and walked between the desks all around the classroom to show the creature to every student. Most of them didn't appreciate the gesture, knowing that the little fairy-like beast had sharp teeth, and they liked to use it to bite the unsuspecting. Eris, on the other hand, looked at the beast with a spark in her eyes. Kettleburn stopped in front of her for a second longer than he did for everyone else, noticing the admiration. The small creature looked rather strange, with four arms and four legs, huge rounded eyes that bulged out of its head. Its wings were placed right above the eyes, making the doxy look like it had been stepped on countless times and all its parts were misplaced. The doxy locked eyes with the Pendragon girl for a quick second before Kettleburn moved along.

"These little troublemakers like the cold weather, they are found all around Europe, however, mostly in the Northern countries and scattered all around North America. Be aware, when around them, for their bite can be deadly. Their venom is poisonous..." Kettleburn babbled, not even hearing the frightened and surprised gasps all around the classroom, escaping the students' mouths hearing those words.

Kettleburn was known to not care about his physical well-being when it came to magical creatures, he loved them too much to know boundaries and Eris respected this in him. She liked the passion he felt for what he loved, and it inspired her to actually study for his class. It certainly helped that out of all subjects, Care of Magical Creatures was the only one that Eris took any interest in.

Eris spent the class scribbling down every word that was said by the professors, who babbled too fast for her to write neatly, so by the end of the hour, her notes looked like someone just accidentally poured ink on the parchment.

"Get ready, because next week, we're going to take the Forbidden Forest and take a peek at the Imps!" Kettleburn yelled with a wide grin, putting the doxy down on his table, before letting out a high-pitched scream that got all students' heads to turn. Kettleburn pressed a hand on his forearm, a thin stream of blood flowing down under his fingers. The doxy looked far too guilty.

Eris looked concerned and wanted to offer her help before the professor smiled at all his students and waved them goodbye.

The Slytherin girl left the classroom along with her peers, but she didn't feel the need to have a conversation with anyone, simply because she didn't care about what the others had to say - and besides, the other students didn't necessarily want to talk to her either. The girl glided elegantly and gracefully among the students, with her chin up high, eyes focused straight ahead, ignoring everyone like they were passing strangers, who meant nothing to her, which was true. She didn't know them, she couldn't remember any of their names for the life of her, and she didn't bother to learn them either. And truth be told, she would use any of them as a human shield to save her life. The feeling of superiority radiated from her so much that no one dared to approach her, but most students from other houses looked down on her behind her back, and whispered nasty assumptions with the purpose of making themselves feel better about the Pendragon girl's precedence. It was unfair; hardship wasn't something she was familiar with, everything came easy for her, it was obvious and she didn't know hard work. She got what she wanted; money, reputation, respect, love. On top of that, she seemed egocentric and had a look that could kill in a second.