The beginning

*edited*

"But I don't want to go to I'm scared." The young girl said as her mom was brushing her short red curls in her hair.

"Sweetie they will be more scared of you then you are of them."Emerald thought about it and said,

"The only reason they will be scared is because I am a vampire and they are normal monsters." She trailed off. Her mom sighed and gabbed Emerald's arms and turned her so they could face each other.

"Don't worry you know if something happens to you Dracula will handle it."

"You know everyone scared of him, he is the leader." Emerald thought about it and because everyone was scared of him, they also were scared of Emerald, that's why they would bully her.

"He might be Dracula but you know him, after all he is your father."

"Yeah, I know." Emerald was still nervous, she didn't want to go to 7th grade, she knew because of her dad, everyone would fear her, and continue to bully her again.

"You will not let anything or anybody hurt you, you must control yourself if things get weary, okay?"

"Yeah. okay" Emerald still was weary, after all she didn't have her powers controlled, she still couldn't control her thirst, and if she doesn't feed for a long time she loses her sanity, or she can be filled up with bad emotions and that will cause them to lose their sanity, like all vampires. After thinking she got the sudden craving of blood. She tried to stop the blood lust, but that made her lust grow more.

"Mom, I- I'm h-hungry." Emerald's eyes started to turn red, showing she had to feed. She always gets like this when she is nervous, or scared.

" I want blood." She was starting to panic she couldn't control herself any longer. Her mother had sensed this and held her down.

Emerald's talons and fangs were starting to appear.

"Get off!"

While Emerald was on the floor, her mom pinning her down, her dad rushed in to the room, opened her mouth and forced her to drink blood from a bag. As soon as she started to finish, she started regaining control of herself. Her mom got off, and Emerald had tears running down her face.

"Sweetie, it's okay, it's okay." Emerald ran to her mom sobbing into her chest, she was even scared of herself when she got out of control.

"Emerald, you have to control yourself, you can't keep doing this." Even though her dad was the ruthless leader of the monster community, he was secretly an all caring father, and husband.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry."

"Emerald, you still have a long time to learn, but even so you must control your thirst so you can stay sane." She looked up at her father, who was a big, and strong vampire.

"I know I know, I'm sorry." Emerald said looking down.

"It's okay, you just have to be more cautious next time."

"Okay." Emerald was disappointed, this happens almost all the time, even though she had tried to control herself she always ends up doing something like this.

"It's okay your still young." Her mom said while stroking her hair. Emerald hated that statement, lots of monsters have control but she was a vampire, and vampires need more control over their powers.

"Okay"

Her mom looked at the clock, noticing it was almost time for school. She looked at Emerald and noticed she was covered in blood.

"Go change your clothes, then we'll leave." Her voice was filled with concern. Emerald sighed and nodded, after a quick change she was off to school.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Hey you guys this is my second book I'm really sorry that the first book was crappy but I did what I did and this book will be better, trust me, anyways don't forget to comment, and yeah all that jazz, I'll be posting new chapters when I can so I won't make you wait so long either way hope you enjoy this book.