Chapter 44 Rewritten

Disclaimer: I don't own anything but Phoenix and Nox

The Staff of Judgement, Doyen's Growth Pills, Fledgling CEO, were just a few of the cards the four were able to find and collect in the past few days. Phoenix really enjoyed collecting the Doyen's Growth Pills card since it involved books and research, two things that she enjoyed doing.

"Yes! We're halfway there!" Gon celebrated when they finally found Fledgling CEO at the bottom of a lake.

"We got our 50th card!" Killua exclaimed, just as happy as Gon.

Phoenix giggled to herself as she jumped on the spot and clapped, Nox flapped his wings in excitement on her head.

After a quick lunch the group of four continued on their way to finding all the cards they needed to beat the game and were walking in a forest.

"Hey, Killua," said Gon, walking next to Killua who was holding hands with Phoenix. "Something's been bugging me."

"Yeah?" said Killua, letting Gon know he was listening.

"Aren't there hundreds of players? Isn't it weird that we've been able to turn all our items into cards?" Gon said curiously.

"What do you mean?" Bisky asked from behind the three.

"Even B-rank specified slot types have a thirty-card limit," Gon explained, looking at the blonde over his shoulder. "The players here before us should have already collected them."

"You have a good point, Gon," Phoenix admitted.

"Look at it this way," said Killua. "Fewer than thirty teams in this game are capable of making real progress."

"Oh, I see," said Gon

"Most players aren't worried about getting specified slot cards," Killua further explained. "They're just struggling to find a way out of the game."

"It would suck if you got to Masadora and there weren't any Leave cards," Gon said with a wobbled smiled.

"Yeah, that's why," Killua suddenly cut himself off, making Phoenix tense from beside him, worried that he had sensed someone. All Killua did was stop and whisper, "I get it..." The white-haired boy turned around, letting go of Phoenix's hand to see his friends. "If you guys got to Masadora, but there weren't any Leave cards, what would you do?"

"Well," Bisky said, "I'd steadily save money until a Leave showed up."

"Yeah," Gon agreed.

"Go beat up the Boat dude," Phoenix said with a shrug.

"Most people in the game aren't strong enough to beat him, not like us," said Killua, smirking at his girlfriend, he knew she'd say that. "But what if you acquired a super rare spell card while waiting?" he said pointing to Gon.

"Sell it and buy more spell cards until a Leave came in," said Gon.

"Really?" Bisky asked, surprised by Gon's answer. "I would save it... Wouldn't it suck if all the cards you bought ended up being worthless? If you saved it, you might be able to trade for a Leave- Oh!" she suddenly gasped with Phoenix and Gon clicking onto what Killua was saying.

"Get it?" Killua asked with a smug smile.

The four quickly went to the Masadora and made their way to the closest shop that sold spell cards. They were quick to find someone who looked very discouraged as they came out of the spell card shop.

"Need a Leave?" Phoenix asked the man, she was the most innocent looking one among them, apart from Gon but people are more likely to help a little girl then a little boy. "Want to go back to the real world?"