Chapter 22 Rewritten

Disclaimer: I don't own anything but Phoenix

The four friends were currently in an internet café looking up information on the spiders, or the boys were, Phoenix was meditating trying to get Tarkar's and her minds to connect so they can meet face to face while she was awake. She wanted to talk to him face to face since he's the only one that doesn't know who Kurapika is and his opinion won't be biased.

Taking a deep breath Phoenix closed her eyes as she let her ten shroud her as she concentrated on Tarkar and nothing else. She pictured herself standing in front of him in her mindscape. She let herself only think about that for about half an hour before sighing in disappointment and opening her eyes to see that she was still in the café.

Frowning Phoenix stood up from where she sat cross legged on the floor to sit in the chair next to Killua. Said boy looked over her with a questioning look, curious about what she was doing.

Phoenix just smiled and shook her head, not ready to tell him about Tarkar just yet.

"No good. I've got nothing," Leorio complained as he leant back in his chair.

"Two million reward per spider is attractive, but finding them will be impossible," Killua commented.

"Yeah..." Gon agreed. "Hey, we could ask for concrete information on the net. Like the Troupe's current location. We could offer a large reward," he said optimistically.

"Hold on..." Leorio interrupted, "We don't have the money for that."

Gon smiled as he started to look through his pocket. "It'll be fine," he said as he pulled out his Hunter's License.

The next day the four were standing inside an office like building where Gon had just sold his Hunter's license much to Phoenix's displeasure.

"That's crazy," Leorio muttered as he looked at the money Gon had got for his licence. "You actually have money."

"Man, you really pawned your Hunter's License? You're insane," Killua said kind of indifferent about what Gon did with his license but he could understand Phoenix's disapproval.

"So, what should we do first?" Gon asked looked at his friends.

Phoenix sighed deciding to let it go for now. "We should purchase a Southernbees catalogue," she said before leading the three out and towards the auction building.

There they bought a catalogue and sat at one of the couches to have a look through what was for sale. The couch wasn't overly large so Phoenix was sitting on the arm of the couch next to Killua.

The three watched as Gon flipped through the catalogue to find Greed Island until finally he found it.

"Seven total copies on sale..." Leorio read.

"The minimum starting bid is 8.9 billion. Just as expected," the ex-assassin commented before Phoenix fell onto his lap from leaning over too far, making the both of them blush like crazy and the other two to laugh at them.

"Now we wait for the information to come in," Leorio told the three as they were walking around the markets in the city. "First, we catch one of the spiders and make them tell us where the rest of them are hiding, so that we can bag them all!"

Phoenix stopped walking when Gon moved over to the side and picked up a fancy looking knife. Walking over curious, Phoenix bent down next to him getting a closer look at the knife, it took her a moment before it clicked just what kind of knife that was.

"What's wrong, Gon, Phoenix?" Leorio asked when he and Killua noticed that the two weren't with them anymore.

"This is..." Gon started not sure what to say.