Chapter 10

"of course euijin. you know i only want the best for you.." his arms snaked to her shoulders, pulling her into a comforting side hug.

"you're not just some kind of... toy to me. i worry about you euijin, i care for you."

and just like that, every barrier she built around her secrets just seemed to collapse.

"minho.. i've been feeling so numb.. and so hurt at the same time. i'm not used to feeling so much at the same time- it's- it's like an overflow of emotions.."

"and honestly, it's too overwhelming." she smiled bitterly as tears threatened to fall from her crestfallen eyes.

silence erupted.

minho looked down as he bit his lip, tears also threatened to fall down his eyes.

he never realized how hurt euijin was.

maybe it was his ignorance, or maybe she was just so good at pretending.

but either of the two reasons, he's guilty for what she's going through.

"...it's because of me. is it?" minho queried.

and just as he uttered his words, she looked at him, surprised.

there, she saw the same pain and sadness in his eyes,

for the first time.

"m-minho.." she broke down to tears.

and then there was a sensation was needles were pierced all over her body that followed her breakdown,

she wanted to get rid of that feeling, yet she couldn't do anything.

"i'm sorry...." minho muttered.

"i-i'm so..so sorry." minho pulled her into an embrace, the deepest embrace they both have ever felt.

he buried his face over her shoulder. minho would've only done that out of lust.

but right now,

it felt different.

"let me make it up to you."