Chapter 1

"Are you sure you shouldn't you be on that mission with the Avengers?" Peter sighed as Ned asked this for the fifth time.

"Nah, I they didn't really need me for that one. Besides, I can't neglect my job here, Ned."

"I know, I know. It just feels like an Avengers mission trumps basic patrol and a testing of our program."

"Ned, trust me. I asked them they said they'd be fine. You know that patrol is just as important as well as testing this program. We've got to finish it so I can finish the report for Tony. This is one of my last bigger projects for this year, the rest are reports and smaller easier projects." Peter tells Ned as he reached the top of Avenger's tower."Okay, I'm up on top of the tower. Let's take this for a test run, you ready Ned?

"Yup Pete. Here on standby in case she malfunctions on the police scanner system and to take notes on the test. Ready when you are Pete." Ned confirms for Peter over comms. Peter was glad to have Ned still be his guy in the chair. Ned helps him keep grounded sometimes since his life was all Avengers and projects with Tony and patrolling. Ned made sure Peter took a break when he needed it.

"Okay, I'm about to start the system." He waits a moment as he looked over his city. "Activate System: Scarlet. Scarlet? Are you there?"

"Right here, Mr. Parker"

"Good. Initial start up looks like it's gone well." Peter hears Ned typing down their interaction. He could hear both Peter and Scarlet talking, "Did you integrate into my HUD okay?"

"Well enough, Sir. There might be a few tweaks still between the transfer from your computer to the suit."

"Run a full diagnostic on the suits systems."

"Running now."

"Ned, make sure to take note on her speech so we can compare it to the last test. She sounds much better this time." Peter heard Ned typing that out as he spoke."

"All systems running fine."

"Ned can you confirm the diagnostic check."

"All good Pete."

"Are you going on patrol now sir?" Scarlet asks.

"Yep, this is your first field test. Lets see if my hardwork-"

"Ahem!"

"Our hardwork payed off. Ready Scarlet?" Peter rolled his eyes at Ned even though he couldn't see it.

"When you are, sir."

"Then let's go." He leans backwards and slowly falls off the top of the tower, momentum building up as he got closer and closer to the ground before he shot out a web last minute and used the momentum to send him further into the city. "How does it feel to be swinging in the city with me Scarlet?"

"I don't believe I have an opinion, Sir."

"Come on, you must prefer it over the lab?" Peter asks with a chuckle.

"I suppose it is better. Why are you asking me, Sir?"

"You are designed to learn and adapt. The more you experience and the more you learn the smarter and more intuitive you become. My hope is the less I treat you as a program and more of a living being you'll develop quicker."

"I... understand. What is my purpose, Sir?"

"Please call me Peter, Scarlet. I may be your creator and boss but please call me Peter, you'll make me feel old."

"Okay... Peter. What is my purpose."

"My mentor had his own assistant like you named Jarvis. I wanted to create my own, you are designed to help me out. Jarvis always seemed to be there for Tony and Jarvis sometimes seemed more human and alive than I think some people gave him credit for. My hope is for you to grow and thrive, to become as close to human as possible."