Twenty Six

~💜~

~💜~

Jimin

How can she not have a boyfriend? I saw that picture she posted on Instagram. She thanked this guy for a lovely birthday dinner. She looked absolutely gorgeous in that lilac dress. I remember staring at the picture for a couple of minutes. She looked so beautiful. The color accentuated her skin color beautifully and I just couldn't look away. It was quite a deep cut, no sleeves, beautiful gems on the bodice as the skirt of the dress elegantly fell down past her legs.

At first I hadn't even noticed that there was someone next to her. She immediately took all of my focus.

When I realized a guy was standing next to her, with a tie that matched the color of her dress, I felt a pang of jealousy course through me. I felt anger rushing through my veins. I couldn't believe that she had a boyfriend. Of course that was the first thought I had.

But now she's telling me she doesn't have a boyfriend?

How could that be?

Had they broken up during the past three weeks?

Was she lying to me?

The only reason I haven't brought it up during the past three weeks was simply because I didn't want to hear that she actually had a boyfriend. I wasn't sure if I would be able to handle that news.

I was afraid.

And I know it's selfish of me to want her to be single even though I can't actually date her for all the reasons that are already constantly bothering me. Just listing themselves in the back of my mind. But.. the idea of her being in a relationship just simply hurts me. I can actually feel my heart clenching when the thought enters my mind.

And now she's telling me that she isn't in a relationship and I truly don't know whether I should believe her or not.. I don't know why I'm even doubting her at this moment. I should be extremely happy that she's single. That means I can actually flirt with her..

Although.. I can't flirt with her. So if she actually was in a relationship, maybe I wouldn't be tempted to flirt with her. Maybe that's why I'm doubting her.

Argh.. I'm giving myself a headache with all these damn scenario's running through my mind.

"I'm sorry, I saw that photo on Instagram and thought that guy was your boyfriend." She chuckles as we enter the cafeteria. "No, that's my best friend. We've known each other for years, but we're just friends."