chapter thirty seven

Izuku kept staring at Katsuki's office door, not sure what to say, but waiting for Katsuki to text, or call for him. Katsuki didn't seem to need him at all that day.

Izuku boredly socialized with coworkers, or walked around the office.
After a while, and a few laps, he finally gained the courage to ask him why.

Entering Katsuki's office, he knocked on the already open door. "Katsuki.." "Izuku." He was staring at his computer. "Y-You haven't called me all day, you okay?" "I was going to,, I just.. can't find my phone."

Katsuki looked up at him, starting to laugh at his concerned face, "I don't completely depend on you, you know."

"I know!" Izuku smiled awkwardly, "I'm just.. checking." "Thinking about me, huh?" He teased, sitting up straight in his chair. "Shut up." "We can have lunch together, and stop worrying." "Okay!" Izuku tried not to sound too excited.

It was later in the morning, and Eijirou finally woke up. Somehow still tired. Glad to have "won" the other night, thinking of how he probably made Katsuki worry. It was cruel to want revenge, to hurt him back, but at that point, revenge was nothing.

He was happy; to have a few hours alone. Only to see his husband's phone.. left on the nightstand. "Fuck." He groaned, knowing he'd have to give it to him.
He didn't want to hate him, or be unhappy to think of seeing him. Eijirou didn't understand.. why he'd have such a reaction.

He collected his things, and called a taxi to their house. Picking up his phone. Not bothering to try and look through it, he'd seen enough before.
The taxi pulled into the driveway, half an hour later. Eijirou didn't bother with a conversation, staring out the window in the backseat.

It was so quiet, and it felt like such a long trip. When Eijirou paid the driver and stared up at the tall building.

"Why am I nervous?" He asked himself, knowing exactly why he was. Because Izuku worked there. Every step was getting harder, and his stomach twisted, stepping into the elevator. He hated that disgusting feeling, not knowing what he should expect.

Taking a deep breath, before it opened on Katsuki's floor. The secretary asking what he was there for, "I have my h- I have Bakugou Katsuki's phone." "Bakugou?" She looked confused, "Sorry. Uh, Kirishima." "Oh! Yes, he's in the break room if you want to give it to him."

Eijirou sighed, walking towards the break room. Only to get nervous, he turned into the office. Leaving the phone on his desk, he hoped to be able to sneak out.

"Of course." He thought to himself, after turning around to see Katsuki walking in. "Eijirou?" "What- uhh, you l-left your phone at home." Eijirou saw his nervous frown. "Thank you-"

It went quiet.
Neither of them knew what to say.
Eijirou just forced a soft smile, "Make sure you eat something." "I am, don't worry.." "Okay, I guess I'll.."

Eijirou felt light headed. "I'll see you at home." He was going to walk past him.
"Is Izuku working?" He stopped at the door, staring right into Katsuki's eyes. "Uhm, yes. Why do you ask?"

"Why do you think I'm asking?" "What's that supposed to mean?" Katsuki raised his voice, Kirishima blushing and checking to see if anyone heard him. "You don't have to yell.." Eijirou knew he wasn't doing anything to help themselves.

"I'm not! I'm not.. but we talked about this." Eijirou sighed, Katsuki's manipulation was starting to get old.

"If we're just going to fight about this, you can leave. Thank you for bringing my phone." He crossed his arms, praying that Izuku would not walk in.

"Yeah! Okay. Whatever, see you at home." Eijirou snarled, trying not to seem angry as he walked away.

Katsuki exhaled loudly, turning back around to rejoin Izuku in the break room. Izuku sat there, looking confused as he entered.. "Who were you yelling at?" "Nobody. Don't worry about it." "Oh- okay." They went back to eating together, but this time in silence. Izuku eyed his furrowed eyebrows, and his red cheeks.

"You're okay?" "I'm fine." He exclaimed, sounding so annoyed, "Jeez, alright. I believe you."

"Katsuki?"
"Izuku." He looked up from his food. "I can trust you, right?"

Katsuki stared for a moment, then looked away.
"I promise.."