chapter ten

They were silent walking out of Izuku's apartment, Katsuki was thinking of something to say, small talk, anything. "Complicated?" They walked down the stairwell, and their footsteps echoed. "Well me and her went on a few dates, but I think she likes somebody else." Katsuki's heart started to beat fast, he gripped the railing with sweaty palms. "That's.. probably the worst." "If she really likes them, then I don't care." Katsuki passed him, opening the metal door for him.

"That's probably why she doesn't want to be with you." Izuku exhaled loudly, "And what makes you so much better?" he didn't mean to make it sound like he was mocking him, "I care if he likes somebody else."
Izuku didn't respond, or look at him, until they were outside.

"What does your husband think about you coming to see me right now?" He checked the time on his phone as they walked through the almost empty parking lot, "H-He's.. not home." Izuku frowned and came to a halt, Katsuki looked a little nervous. "Did you even tell him?" "That I was coming here?" "No, not that."

"N-Not yet." He put his hands in his pockets, "Seriously? Aren't you like.. supposed to?" Izuku was a little worried Eijirou would hate him after this. "I will yet! I haven't worked up to it." Izuku held his breath for a moment. "You need to."

They didn't talk for a moment, Izuku looked back at his car, "Y-You wanna do something fun?" he grinned. "Uh, what?" He turned around, making Katsuki follow afterwards. He pulled out the keys from his pocket, unlocking it. "Get in." "Where are you taking me?" "You'll see." He was going to ask more questions, or even decline, but something about the look on his face changed his mind. So he didn't ask, and he just smiled.

He started his car, Katsuki watched his focused face. He watched the lights from the city slowly fade away as they left, "I'm still confused.." "Just hold on. You'll like it, I know you will." "H-How?" "Because I.. know.." he didn't finish the sentence. "Put on the radio or something, please."

Nearly half an hour later did Deku start to tell him where they were going, or even start talking. They drove past tall trees, with the only light being the stars and Izuku's dim headlights. "I forgot some things, but it was the heat of the moment." He awkwardly smiled, Katsuki chuckled, "Is this a surprise or am I being kidnapped?"

Izuku only let out a breathy laugh before pulling onto the side of the road and parking his car. "I.. seriously? This is creepy." Izuku got out of the car, Katsuki followed afterwards. "Just trust me."

There was a trail covered in trees, Katsuk's eyes darted back and forth while he stuck to Izuku. "You couldn't have chosen somewhere less creepy?" "It's just trees, not like we're gonna get attacked or anything." He was completely calm, "You're insane." He inched closer to him, "I didn't know you'd be so scared, hold on we're almost there." he put his hand on his shoulder.

There was light reflecting into their eyes, Izuku only smiled excitedly. Speeding up, Katsuki started to see where it was. There was light sand with a small lake reflecting the moonlight. It was all hidden behind trees hanging over the water and hills. "A beach? It's too cold for this." "But it's what I do for fun.. I like swimming." He smiled, they stepped onto the sand, Katsuki felt a little safer, even if there was nobody there. "Me and my friends used to come here, and.. since you're my f-friend." He had a warm smile on his face before turning around to hide it.

They walked to the water, the waves getting their shoes wet. "Fuck," Katsuki whispered, Izuku laughed at him, "I think you'll be fine." he put his hands in his pockets. "You'll dry off." Katsuki's annoyed expression made Izuku nervous. "What?" He was interrupted by him pushing his shoulder, making him stumble forwards. "Hey!" He managed to keep his balance, "You'll dry off." He tried not to laugh.

Izuku turned around, reaching to pull his arm. "I-It was a joke!" He struggled, trying to push him off. He fell onto his knees in the water, "Fuck, since when are you so strong?" he wobbled trying to stand up. Izuku just smirked, reaching to take off his shirt. "What're you doing?" Katsuki looked away, wide eyed, "What do you think?" he threw it onto the sand, walking deeper into the cold water. "Could've told me we were doing this." Katsuki copied him, shivering afterwards.

"I didn't know either.. and it's not that cold." He eyed him up and down, he was hugging himself with his shoulders tense. "It is! How are you even warm?" Izuku crouched, his head almost underwater, "You're insane." He grabbed his arm, Katsuki gasped, trying to push him off. Izuku just laughed at him, "This is revenge." "I barely pushed you!" "Yeah. Are you still cold?" He looked around, putting his hands on his arms. "I'm warming up.."

"I should have really just stayed home.." Katsuki hesitated to crouch down, holding his breath. "Yeah? Well now here you are.." Izuku leaned forwards, "What did your husband say?" "Oh.. he's not at home right now. I think it's a little late to be hanging out with you." Katsuki backed away, trying to find somewhere else to look. "Why?" "Why do you think?"

Izuku stood up completely, covering himself with his arms, "I didn't mean to." "You didn't?" he looked up at the sky, Katsuki was caught off guard. He stared at him and thought of something that he shouldn't have. "I just got the wrong idea, I just want to be y-your.. friend." He stood up too, towering over Izuku with his hands on his cold and freckled shoulders.

"You really do?" Katsuki's heart started beating faster and faster while he admired him. He knew how much Izuku didn't like him, he knew that he would hate him if he said what he was thinking. And it wasn't nostalgia, like he thought it was. Because Izuku was beautiful, with wide green eyes so close to his, and the freckles on his arms. He started to panic, Izuku's expression grew uncomfortable the longer he stared.

"No." Izuku's eyebrows lifted, and his mouth closed, "Huh?" "I have no idea." Katsuki's hands trailed down from his arms to his stomach. "Maybe I meant to.."

Izuku felt light on his feet, his stomach filled with butterflies. He wondered if he should've backed away, he had a chance to run. He had a chance to avoid what happened before, they'd only be creating more problems.

"I think I mean to."

They stared at each other, considering whether or not they'd just take the risks. It felt as right as it wasn't, Izuku took a deep breath, splashing water on Katsuki as he reached upwards. Cold hands landing on the sides of his face, he leaned forwards and so did Katsuki.

Closing their eyes they pressed their lips together, and in that moment, Katsuki's marriage, Izuku's sexuality, and their past didn't matter at all.