Epilogue

Eventually, things work out for the better. With enough time and therapy, Kevin was able to overcome his personal demons and learn to forgive himself. And he always had Kara and her friends there for him to help him emotionally and spiritually. A lot can happen in less than 7 years. Kara and her friends graduated from Metropolis High School, and some of them went to different colleges. Kara still remained in a romantic relationship with Kevin, for the both of them truly loved each other. Since Kevin was a junior when he met Kara, that meant he had to attend his senior year by himself, but he still managed, being the top of his class and graduating high school with full honors, even getting accepted to Metropolis University. During her tenure at that college, Kara immediately became interested in journalism, and decided she wanted to be a reporter as a career. Kevin on the other hand, wanted to be a professional chef. So they both had interesting career ideas. And it also turned out that Kevin inherited a vast amount of wealth from his father, so he was financially great. Soon they both graduated Metropolis University with full honors. Of course, Kara would often save the day as Supergirl, even teaming up with her superhero friends, always keeping in touch with them. Heck, they even saved the world once or twice!

On one particular day, Kara was working at her new job at CatCo. She was a junior reporter working for Cat Grant, a former reporter of the Daily Planet. She was writing a report about the local news when her phone rang. Kara picked up her phone and said casually, "hello? Kara Danvers of CatCo." Her boyfriend then said on the phone, "hey there good looking. I hope I'm not bothering you." Kara smiled and said, "on the contrary, my handsome chef. I was starting to miss your voice. You on your lunch break?" Kevin said on the phone, "yeah basically. I was wondering, would you be interested in going on a picnic date on the rooftop tonight? I got a surprise." Kara gave a smile and said, "what's the surprise?" Kevin replied on the phone, "if I told you, it wouldn't be a surprise." Kara giggled in response, "I see your point. Alright then. It's a date. I'll see you after work. I love you." Kevin replied on the phone, "I love you too Kara." A couple hours later, it was time for Kara to go home. Once she saw that the coast was clear, Kara then flew out of the CatCo office, flying to the rooftop of the apartment she and Kevin shared together. Once she landed on top of the apartments, she saw that Kevin was there with a picnic blanket and two double bacon cheeseburgers. "Hey Kara." Kevin said, smiling. "Hey Kevin," replied Kara, "you made all this for me?"

"Yeah, I hope it's not too much," said Kevin as he blushed a little. Kara kissed Kevin on the cheek and said, "it's perfect." The two sat down on the picnic blanket and ate their dinner, talking about how their days went. When they were finished with their dinners, Kevin then asked, "you ready for your surprise?" Kara nodded in excitement. Kevin held Kara's hand and said, "Kara Zor El Danvers... you've been there for me since the day we first met at Metropolis High School. You've never given up on me, and your kindness and compassion has really helped me get through a lot. If it weren't for you, I probably would have succumbed to depression and lost my sense of humor and happiness. You are beautiful on the outside and the inside and I love you. And so..." Kevin then got out of small lead box out of his pocket. He specifically made this so that Kara didn't use her X-ray vision to spoil the surprise. "I'm technically already on my knees." Kevin jokingly said as he opened the lead box to reveal a steel ring that had Kara's family symbol, The House of El.

" Kevin jokingly said as he opened the lead box to reveal a steel ring that had Kara's family symbol, The House of El

On Krypton, this family symbol meant hope. Kara looked at the ring in amazement, at a loss for words. "Kara Zor El Danvers," said Kevin, "will you marry me?" Kara was overwhelmed with joy. She was doing everything she could to not break down crying. She then said, "Kevin Adam Beaumont... Yes! Yes, I will gladly marry you!" She put on the proposal ring on her ring finger and then gently kissed Kevin on the lips, the both of them feeling like they were on Cloud 9. Kevin and Kara were now ready to start a new romantic life together.

The End.