Chapter 1

Damien

Damn they were at it again. I saw my homie Jerell arguing with his girl. She was nothing special, typical white girl with long blonde hair and a boring personality. He always did have a thing for white girls. As the quarterback I'd expect him to be dating someone cuter but he settled for her. You won't catch me wasting my time entertaining these hoes. I had my mind right, focused on ball and trying to make it to the NFL next year.

He looked irritated as his girl went on and on about him not answering his phone when she calls or texts him. Little did she know that he had about 3 different girls coming to the crib every night. I had to laugh because she really thought she was the only one he was messing with. He looked up long enough to give me a head nod. I wondered why he even bothered with her ass. I never got why dudes were in relationships if all they gone do is cheat...what's the point of being with one girl if you want em all? Whatever I wasn't stressing, that's why I chose to stay single so I could have as many as I wanted, when I wanted them.

"Wassup man" he said as he tried to ignore the girl yelling in front of his face. "Aye bro" I said and made my way to my bedroom. Even though I had to share the apartment, I had a single. All of us football players lived in Silvers apartments and all the starters got their own rooms.

What a long day. I sighed as I threw my backpack onto the floor. I sat down at my desk and opened my phone to Instagram. I had 12 new follow requests all from girls that went to Riders. If there's one thing I hated, it was a groupie. I ignored the requests and hopped on my full sized bed. I swore they needed to make bigger beds for guys like me. My phone buzzed with a text from this little shortie that had been coming to all the games and trying to get me to wife her. I always called the groupies "shortie" to keep it simple in case I fucked up and forgot their name. Why was this girl asking me where I was at? She definitely wasn't my girl. I instantly got irritated and regreted giving her my number in the first place. I was never a fan of clingy females.

Man, for some reason I was feeling kind of lonely lately. I mean, I was a 21 and was used to living away from home but it just felt like everyone wanted to be cool with me because they knew I was on my way to the pros. Thinking about all these phony people made me tired and soon my mind drifted to thoughts of playing for the Giants. Before I know it, I was knocked out.

Ayanna

I felt a gust of wind hit me as I got off the bus at the dining hall. It was 7:30 in the morning so I knew there wouldn't be any lines for food. I guess you could say I'm an early bird. A part of me was already regretting wearing shorts in the first place because it was colder than I expected, but hopefully it would be warmer in the afternoon. I walked in and headed straight for the omelette station. Lord knows a sista was starving!

I noticed that the dining hall was pretty much empty except for a bunch of tall kids who looked like they were on some sports team, maybe basketball or track. I didn't really pay attention to the athletes because my friend Keisha, who was a junior, told me that they were all dogs and would try to get with anyone just to say they did. Behind me, there was a really tall boy with milk chocolate skin and a nice smile. The kid was huge. He was about 6'5'' and looked like he lived in the gym.

I felt a little uncomfortable because I could feel him staring at my body. I started to develop early and I knew I was more than curvy for my age. Even though I was only 18, I had a naturally skinny waist, thick thighs and a big butt that I inherited from my momma. I always thought that I was tall for a girl but I was tiny in comparison to the gorgeous man that stood behind me. I smiled as we made eye contact, then quickly looked away. I couldn't let myself forget that he was a goodlooking guy and he knew it...all those cocky jocks were the same.