Chapter 7

Yanni

I stood there staring at the door as hot tears streamed down my cheeks. I couldn't believe that just happened. My mind was racing a million miles a minute and there were so many thoughts going through my head. How could he just walk out on me without even giving me a chance to explain?

"Wow, ol boy could give two f*cks about you. His dumb ass always jumpin to conclusions" Jerell said with a sinister chuckle.

He interrupted my thoughts and I snapped back into reality. I knew I had to get out of there, but I didn't know how. Jerell was 6'3 and had a lot of muscle. I made a run for the door, but he was too quick. He grabbed me before I could open the door and roughly threw me onto the couch.

"Please let me go" I begged.

He laughed and then lowered himself onto me and kissed my lips. I had to fight the urge to vomit.

"I know you want me Yanni. You're always coming over here looking so good, that I knew I had to have you" he explained. "I just had to get you alone and now we have our chance".

I took a moment to think about how to answer. I was still going to try to get out of this, but I had to be smart.

"I'm sorry if I gave you the impression that I was interested, but I'm honestly deeply in love with Damien. He means everything to me and I'm not interested in anyone else" I said.

"Are you f*cking serious? He doesn't give a f*ck about you! I can take care of you" he said as he began to kiss and caress me.

"No, please, I just want to go home" I pleaded.

There was a flicker of anger in his eyes and it's like he turned into a monster.

"Shut up. You're gonna love it, I promise" he said and then took my clothes off.

At first, I tried pushing him off me, but he was just too strong. He slapped me so hard that I lost my vision for a moment and that's the moment I gave up. I prayed to God that he didn't kill me. I cried out in pain when he first put it in and continued to cry, and then I just became numb. When he was finished, he covered me with a blanket and then left the apartment. I wanted to get out of that apartment more than anything, but my body wouldn't let me move. Finally, I was able to get to my car and back to my dorm. I stripped and just sat in the shower and cried.

Damien

It had been 2 days since I walked in on Yanni and Jerell, and I still couldn't stop thinking about it. Honestly, I was hurt. How could she be so dirty as to f*ck my roommate in my own place! After I had given her that ring, a title, and love, she still was able to betray me like that. I knew Shay had basically done the same, but it's like I had expected more from Yanni because she was supposed to be a lady. My queen. This whole thing made me sick to my stomach. I had been avoiding Jerell because I knew if I came face to face with that n*gga, I would have killed him with my bare hands.

Shay had been surprisingly understanding about my moodiness and I felt myself starting to fall more for her. It was weird because I couldn't see her as a wife, but she was helping me through the betrayal I was feeling. I missed Yanni so much more than I wanted to admit, but my pride had stopped me from answering when she had reached out to me. I didn't want to hear any of her bullshit.

Yanni

I had just gotten back from a follow up appointment at University Health Center. They had done a rape exam, but when they wanted me to talk to the police, I refused. I was afraid of the labels people would attach to me, and what if they didn't believe me? I still hadn't fully comprehended everything that happened. I had tried to call Damien yesterday, but he sent me right to voice mail.

Words couldn't even explain the pain I was feeling both from being raped of my virginity, and from the abandonment from Damien. I didn't want to live anymore, but I opened my bible and began to read. After praying, I felt a little better. I decided that I was going to try to get through the semester bad then transfer schools. It was like trouble and pain followed me everywhere I went.

Damien

I decided to stop by my apartment before practice. I thought no knew was home so I headed to my room, but I heard Jerell and my boy Ant talking.

"So you just kissed her while she was in here cooking a surprise dinner for her man?" Ant asked.

"Yupp, then I f*cked her even though she tried to act like she ain't want it" Jerell laughed.

"I mean, she was still saving her Vcard for Damien" Ant replied.

"Nah, I took that. And I told her *ss, she better not tell nobody" he said seriously.

I opened the door and beat the sh*t out of him.

"You're the one that left her here and let me hit. You dumb" Jerell said with blood coming out of his mouth.

When I was happy with the damage I had done, I left the apartment and sat in my car, thinking. I had made the biggest mistake of my life. I would never be able to forgive myself for what I had done, but I had to get to Yanni. I just hoped she would be able to forgive me.