Chapter 2

Damien

Tonight was the first game of the season and I went off! I was out there doing my thing and got not one, but two touchdowns. Ya boy was killin it. Best part about getting the win is that Coach wouldn't make us run all those extra laps at practice the next day. And everybody knew I loved to win. After I showered and talked to the press poeple, I went back to the crib. As soon as I walked in, it was about half the guys from the team in the living room. How were these fools drinking already? I laughed as I dapped everyone up and headed to my room to get fresh for the night. We always turned up when we won, so I knew tonight would be no different.

I made sure I texted Shortie before getting dressed because girls always acted funny if you text them for the first time at midnight or later. By texting them earlier, they wouldn't realize it was a booty call. I threw something on, brushed my hair, sprayed some cologne, and I was out the door.

"Yooo, what's the wave for tonight Damien?" Jerell asked as I got to the living room and grabbed a beer.

"Tyrone havin a party and I told him we would slide through..matter of fact, let's be out now" I said and grabbed my keys.

By now, some dudes were already too fucked up so I drove since I was the only one still sober. Once we pulled up to the party, it was packed. As soon as I stepped through the door I heard people congratulating me and telling me how well I played. The music was bumpin and the air was thick from the weed. I pushed my way through the crowd to get to the main room where everybody was dancing and drinking. Me and my boys posted up by the DJ and just chilled out bumpin our heads to the rap song playing through the speakers.

"Bruh, who dat?" my boy Calvin said and we all turn to look.

"Damnnn she fine as hell, imma holla" Jerell says.

"Nigga sit yo ass down, ole girlfriend havin ass" Calvin says and we all started laughing.

She turned around and I realized I knew the girl. It was my writing tutor. Lord have mercy she looked good enough to eat. Her usually curly hair was straight, fell just above her belly button, and she was wearing the hell out of a tight white dress. Her friend didn't look too bad either but my eyes were glued to Ayanna. Without thinking I walked over to her and put my hand on the small of her back.

"Excuse you, who do you-" but she stopped when she turned around and shrugged my hand away.

"Hey gorgeous" I said and flashed my biggest smile at her.

"Hey wassup?" she said as she flipped her long dark hair over her shoulder.

"Just coolin, I just got here with the team". I nodded my head at my teammates.

"What sport do you play?" Did she really just say that? Oh I get it, she's playing.

"Ha ha very funny" I teased her and noticed just how long her eyelashes were. When I noticed she wasn't laughing, I realized she was for real. Now I understood why she faded me in the dining hall the other day. She really didn't know who I was.

"I'm a wide receiver on the football team. We just won our first game. You weren't there? Everyone goes to the games, especially the freshmen".

"Oh right, I heard there was some kind of event tonight but I had work to do".

A club song started playing and everyone made their way to the dance floor. Even though the room was big, it was still tight since there were so many people. I made my move and put my hands on her waist to dance. I was half expecting her to curse me out, but was hoping she danced with me. I couldn't deny the attraction I had to her. She actually turned around and started moving her hips. Immediately I felt myself getting hard. Damn she could move. The music moved into a slow jam and she slowed down her movement, not helping my situation down there at all. When the song ended, she turned around, gave me a smile and then headed out of the room with her friend.

"Iiight nigga I see you!" Calvin said when I made my way back to the group.

I just ignored him cuz my thoughts were in another world. I felt the need to go after her but I knew that wasn't the right move. I was just used to panties dropping after I played the "I'm a football player" card so I knew I was gonna have to use a different strategy to get to Ayanna.

Later that night when the party was almost over, I stopped by Shortie's apartment to scoop her and bring her back to my spot for a little TLC. After a win and a fun night with my homeboys, all I really wanted was a girl to lay up in the bed and talk to. But as soon as we got in my room, she got naked and started unbuckling my belt. Shit, she sure was easy. Didn't have to kiss up on her or nothing. Don't get me wrong, I'd gladly take the pussy. A nigga like me never had to work too hard for it anyways.