Chapter 3

Damien

Practice was a killer today and for some reason I couldn't get Yanni out of my mind since last weekend at the party. I've been enjoying my tutoring sessions. There's just something about her that's different from any other girl that I've ever talked to. All the girls that I've met since I've been at Riders have been easy, no chase at all when it comes to them. All I do is say my name and they're mine. The problem is trying to make sure these hoes don't try and get pregnant by me. I can't even count the number of times a girl has tried to get me to fuck her without a condom. Must be crazy to think they're gonna trap me.

I had tutoring with Yanni today at 7 but apparently they were doing renovations on the library.

YANNI: hey library's under construction...meet tomorrow instead?

DAMIEN: naw its cool we could do it at my place

YANNI: idk...

DAMIEN: i really need help. rough draft is due 2morrow. meet me here at 7

YANNI: okay

I was excited that I was going to see her tonight, but I had some serious cleaning to do. I cleaned up the living room and kitchen, Jerell was one messy ass nigga. Then I went and picked some stuff up in my room. Just when I finished, there was a knock at the door so I went and answered it. I was speechless for a minute. She looked absolutely beautiful. She was wearing a short yellow sundress with her long curly hair framing her face.

"Hey, come in" I said and let her inside. She looked around and put her purse on the couch and took a seat. "This is a nice place" she stated. Everyone knows that Silvers is the nicest dorm on campus so i just said thank you. "Okay so let's take a look at your paper" she said and she started to read it over. "You have some good points in here but you need to take it a step further and support your ideas if you want to get an A" she told me. "I'm not tryna get an A, I'm just tryna pass so I can play ball". "Do you have any siblings?" I asked randomly. If she was my sister, I would have to kill a nigga for looking at her wrong.

She was quiet for a minute. "Yeah I have a little brother but I haven't seen him in a while" she answered. "Why's that?" I had to ask, I was being nosey but I just wanted to know. "I don't want to talk about it" she said and then a look of sadness shown on her face. "You can talk to me, I don't judge". I'm surprised at my own words because I've never been one to care much about anyone besides myself.

"Well my mother is an alcoholic and walked out on my family when I was just a little girl. My father was is a drug dealer and a very violent man and when my mom left, he spent more and more time on the streets. He was never at home much, which left me to take care of my little brother from the time I was about 8 until I moved out when I was 15. I moved out because he had me doing some of his trades for him and one of his workers forced himself on me. When I told my dad, he didn't believe me and even blamed me for it" her voice cracked as she said the last part and a single tear fell down her pretty face.

"Damn I'm so sorry that happened to you Yanni" I said genuinely sad for her. What kind of bitch nigga doesn't protect his own daughter? I leaned closer to her and wrapped my arm around her as she silently sobbed. I promised myself right then that I would never ever hurt her.

"Sorry for being such a baby" she said as she wiped her eyes. "Naa don't apologize baby girl. You're so strong for getting through all that shit. Fuck him, he isn't even worth your tears" I brushed a tear of her cheek. She half-smiled and sat up straight. "Are you hungry? I can make something" she said. I knew she just wanted something to busy herself so I said yes. She went to the kitchen and did work. She made chicken, vegetables and mashed potatoes. I even heard her sing a little and she really looked like the perfect little house wife. That's what it must have been like to have a girlfriend. It was kind of nice. She brought two plates and it was delicious. After we ate, she cleaned the dishes and said she had to go. I walked her to the door and she was hesitating. I held her face and looked into her eyes. I coudn't read what she was thinking but I had butterflies in my stomach. "You're beautiful" I said and then I leaned down and kissed her soft lips.

We spent every night together that week. Over the course of the week, I learned new things about her. She was a leo, sang in the church choir, was at school on an academic scholarship and wanted to be a doctor. I had even introduced her to Jerell and some of the boys. I was really starting to feel her. Not only was she a 10, but she had a good head on her shoulders.

Today we were supposed to be meeting up for lunch before I went to practice, but I got to the dining hall early. I spotted my ex girl Shay walking over to me and I really was not tryna deal with this today. We had broken up a couple of months ago.

"Hey Damien, can we talk?" she says. Even though I was starting to like Yanni, I can't deny that Shay is bad. Yanni is like the girl next door, the one you take home to momma dukes. Shay is just sexy, the kind of girl that knows exactly how to please any man. It was only 2:00 and Yanni wasn't going to be here for another 30 minutes so I agreed to talk to her.

We walk outside to a spot where there weren't alot of people. "So wassup?" I asked. "Do you miss me?" she asked. The truth was, I did miss her sometimes. She was annoying as fuck with her jealousy issues but I had cared about her when we were together. "Nah" I told her. "So you're saying you don't miss this?" she said and then she kissed me. I looked at her like she was crazy but my body was already reacting and she knew it. She started to rub me and it felt just like old times again. My hormones took over and I really started to get into it. After kissing for a while, I started to feel on her and I really had missed the sex. That was the best part of our relationship and honestly was probably the reason why we stayed together for so long.

"Umm can I help you?" Shay said and I zoned back in. I turned around to see who she was talking to and it was Yanni. Shit. I dropped my hands and tried to quickly think of how to get out of it. "No, sorry for interrupting" Yanni said and walked away. I left Shay and ran to catch up with her. "Yanni that wasn't what it looked like", I said pleading with her. She just ignored me and sped up. I reached out to grab her arm and slow her down and she snapped on me. "Dont touch me Damien!" she yelled. "Just let me explain" I said. "I'm not your girl, you don't owe me an explanation" she said in a more disappointed than angry voice and walked away from me for the second time. Fuck, I had to find a way to fix this.