Chapter 12 - Adrenaline

"Anderson, give me your phone, you too John," you hold your hand out.

"What? Why?"

"Just do it, Anderson," Lestrade grabs his phone and tosses it to you.

"Don't worry, Anderson, if I find a nude I'll be gouging my eyes out," you grab your phone and open the back up with your mini kit—whilst Sherlock had his magnifying glass and you had mini screwdrivers and tweezers.

Using wiring, you hum along to a tune, sat on the floor to connect devices up. Your phone was the connector, Anderson's was the screen and John's was the keyboard.

"I would use Sherlock's but... I don't want him having any link to this~" you bop your head, jumping at a slight spark form the wires. "Oh, that's not pretty,"

"What did you do to my phone?!" Philip tried to intervene only for you to hold a finger up.

"Touch anything and I'll tell your wife,"

"She threatened me!" He gaped at Lestrade who shrugs. "Honestly!"

"Come on, Frank, you looked happy," you shake your head at the dead body. "She's actually very pretty, makes me wonder who you found," you continue to talk, ignoring everyone until you looked up at Moriarty smirking when a sudden ping rings out.

"Did you do it?" John knelt down as you nod frantically, tearing your gaze from Jim.

"Yup, that pings means where the hit was ordered from... There, Mr Van Dan's address... Message was sent by Harry Van Dan,"

Lestrade took out cuffs only for Sherlock to stop him. "This is an international case, Gruffy,"

"That's not even close, this is getting ridiculous, brother dear," you pat his shoes. Suddenly Anderson's phone starts to ring with his wife's name on the caller ID. "Here ya go," you disconnect and Philip quickly picks up.

"Yes, darling?"

"WHAT THE HELL DID YOU JUST SEND ME?!" She screeches from the other end as you hand John's phone back with a grin.

"What??" Anderson opens his phone to see a video of him and Donovan sent to his wife. "I didn't send that!" He snaps his gaze to you, now dark and dangerous.

Busying yourself by continuing to watch Howls moving castle on your phone, you don't make eye contact but reply with a simple "whoops!"

"Why you little-" Anderson tried to launch at you only for Moriarty to elbow him in the face, kicking him to the ground.

"I wouldn't greatly advise against that,"

"You're psycho!" Donovan yells while tending to Anderson.

"Thank you," Moriarty fixes his tie, turning to the boys. "What? I may be a criminal but doesn't mean I lack moral,"

"But you do," John deadpans.

"Well, yes, but I have some type of standard, Y/n here was just doing a job I would have done anyways, no charge,"

"Job? Criminal??" The two lowered figures gape. "Who are you?"

"Not important," he dismisses, "I should be off though, Sebastian is outside,"

"Oh! I'm going to say hi!" You scramble away and out the door. Moriarty chuckles lightly and goes to walk away only for Sherlock to hold him back.

"Stay away from my sister, Moriarty,"

"Hm... No," Jim gives little fake thought as Anderson and Donovan gape at the mention of his name, backing away. Sherlock raised his fist and landed a blow to Jim's face, blood just seeping from the criminal's teeth.

"Stay. Away." A cold frame of metal met the sight of Sherlock, him easily mimicking to raise his own gun.

"That was rude, Sherly~" Jim took out a handkerchief and wipes the blood that oozed along his lips, teeth holding reminiscence's of crimson.

"She's not another game,"

"Why must everything be a game? Maybe I want to be friends with a Holmes without them wanting to blow my brains out," the gun was swung around in the air making the others, remaining at the empty crime scene, back away in fear, "she is the nicest of you lot, you Holmes' can be so rude~"

"Leave her out of your plan, this is between you and me-"

"No. No, this is a Moriarty and Holmes problem, Sherlock, I never specified which Holmes,"

"Great news!" You rush back in and furrow your face at the scene. "I'm not going to ask, but Sebby gave me £10 to make him more cookies which means we need to get some supplies, by we I mean me so now you can go back to your ego competition, bye!"

Grabbing your coat and swiftly leaving, the rush of wind blew fiercely at your exposed s/c skin. Placing some headphones on, each puddle that had accumulated along the path splashed up with each beat oriented step.

The rush of adrenaline from the crime solving was intoxicating, but you never enjoyed it this much. Maybe once or twice did you reach a little giddy state but Moriarty seemed to send rushes of it through you like a syringe into your veins.

Like a doctor administering this poisonous feeling.

And you were high off it.

Purely cloud 9.

His breath lingered like a haunting spirit, cologne a mocking torment to how much you craved more. Moriarty scared you, yes, but that was part of the thrill wasn't it?

Yet, somehow you were able to get passed that, relax slightly around him even though that would be the death of you.

Even though he would be the death of you.

~~~

Yeet

Yeet

Anyways

- Anna ❤️