2. why do you annoy me?

"GOOD MORNING Y/N," mrs. johnson greeted me enthusiastically, seeing that i was the only one in class since it was so early. usually i'd be a regular student and come to class when the bell rings, but millie was coming late and sadie had to study with her group for another class. besides, mrs. johnson was my favorite teacher, and i was her favorite student.

"good morning miss," i replied before walking over to my seat and setting all my things down. i began to work on some of the assignment while i had time to think for myself, that is without finn bugging me. it was true that he was a good student, but good partner? i couldn't be too sure.

 however, before i knew it, the bell rang and students began pouring into class, and to my surprise finn was among them coming into class on time.

"i came on time for you love," he smiled after sitting in his seat. i rolled my eyes for the hundredth time since we've became partners. why did he love to call me love?

"you won't quit it, will you?"

"nope," he said, popping out the p. 

i sighed. nothing will ever make finn wolfhard less annoying to me...

"good morning class!" mrs. johnson expressed over the crowded room of talking students.

"good morning!" we all replied in sync.

"today and the rest of the week will be strictly used to brainstorm for your projects. next week, you'll be actually putting down your info on slides, posters, or whatever you decide to. there will be no homework, and lastly, the whole project is due in two weeks, on a tuesday. any questions?"

"will there be any extra credit opportunities?" a student asked.

"i will talk about extra credit next week," she answered. "anyone else?"

the room fell silent for a couple of seconds before she nodded and said, "y'all know what to do then. carry on."

my focus was now back on the project, as well as finn since he wouldn't stop bothering me for anything. i could feel his eyes burning into the side of my skull and i tried my best to keep my eyes glued onto my paper. i rolled my eyes again before i turned to face him, my eyebrows furrowed and arms crossed. 

"take a fucking picture, it'll last longer."

"ouuuu, burn!" he teased. "it's not my fault you're cute when your so focused on blanking me out."

i shook my head. "how'd you get so good at flirting, wolfhard?"

"i've been practicing just enough to approach you princess," he smirked.

"uh huh, let's get back to work," i said, swatting his face away. he grabbed my hand gently, holding it with a smile on his face.

"why do you pretend like you don't like me? i've seen the way you look at me, it's not hard to tell you have a crush on me. and that's okay, i like you too."

time seemed to paused for a moment as my heart sank to my stomach. i was flustered. surely i didn't like finn, right? he's impossible to be likable when it comes to a girl like me, someone who worries so much about the future that she doesn't want to waste time in the present.

"i-i don't like you finn-" i stammered before he cut me off.

"then why haven't you let my hand go?"

i let out a soft gasp before i snatched my hand from his, then looking away to avoid anymore embarrassment. he was starting to make me feel things i didn't want to feel, like becoming soft and dazed.

"look," he said after a moment of silence. "how about we actually get to know each other outside of this project?"

"what are you suggesting?" i asked, not really wanting a part in anything he had to offer, yet i seemed to be interested anyway.

"what if i can make you love me by the time this assignment is due?" he asked bluntly, a smug look on his face as he looked at me in determination. 

"that's ridiculous finn," i scoffed. "two weeks isn't enough for anyone to fall in love."

"then let's test it," he argued. "i know you wanna prove me wrong, pretty girl, so why don't you take this opportunity?"

twisting my face, i thought about it for a moment. taking a part of this dare and winning would mean i'd finally get finn to leave me alone after i celebrated the glory of being right all along. plus, we could easily finish the project faster by hanging out. a win-win.

"it's a deal, wolfhard," i replied with confidence. "you've got two weeks to make me fall for you."

"and that's all i need love."

words: 795

a/n: this chapter is shorter and
technically earlier than when i was
supposed to publish it but it's 1AM
where i am rn so technically it's 
friday lol.

ANYWAYS tysm for the support and
love of this book because i'm so
excited for it!! there will be a lot
of character development and 
stuff bc i wanna try it out and make
this good or whatever :))

qotd: who else should i add into this
book?

i love you all, DRINK UR AGUA!!