5. why do i dislike you?

COLD AIR BRUSHED PAST my shoulders as i walked down the street, walking to the corner finn said we've meet up at. i stood there for a couple of minutes before i got restless and checked my phone for the time i last texted finn. 

he was already about ten minutes late, and it was really fucking chilly outside.

the sky seemed to get more darker if things couldn't get worse, and i was debating on whether or not i should take an uber to one of my friends' houses or go to eat somewhere then tell my mom i decided to come home early. but just when i thought about leaving, an old, red monte carlo pulled over and honked at me.

"y/n! over here!" finn yelled from outside his car. i was surprised to see him operating a vehicle, especially since rumor around school had it that finn failed his driver's test two times already.

walking over to the passenger side quickly, i hoped that finn had a heater inside his car because the nighttime air was getting colder by the minute. i was satisfied when the car was warm, and the fresh smell of black ice gave a nice aroma to it as well.

"sorry it took me so long," finn apologized. "i just went to get a car wash and my phone died and didn't turn back on until i was close enough already."

"it's okay," i replied, looking at the features of the car. the seats and flooring were all made of burgundy velvet and the rest mostly consisted of burgundy leather, something that instantly made the car more attractive to me. the radio and wheel was black, the gear and top of the glove department was as well. this definitely was a car that suited finn well. i could feel him smiling at me, probably proud that i was fascinated with his car.

"you like her?" he asked me although he obviously knew the answer.

i rolled my eyes playfully. "i mean, she's a nice car. i just hope you don't crash her before i get to take pictures with her."

"fair enough," he replied before putting the gear into drive and pulling off the road, heading north.

remembering that the date was a surprise, i asked, "so where are we going?" 

he smiled. "you'll see soon enough. it's only a thirty minute drive."

"okay," i mumbled before turning on the radio. the beatles played in the background, low enough that i could still hear the other cars in the street as they honked and swerved on the pavement. we happened to pass by many peoples' houses that we knew, like finn's friend wyatt and one of my personal friends laila.

we passed by the neighborhood's grocery store and plaza, and even passed by the mall on our way to the freeway. it seemed like we both took everything in from around us, getting to see it all by ourselves instead of with familiar friends and family.

soon we were speeding down the carpool lane on the freeway, going 80mph freely with the windows rolled down and the moon and starlight shining over the couple of cars driving on the freeway, each with different destinations. i looked over at finn whose hand was firmly on the wheeled, eyebrows furrowed as he focused on the road. if he wasn't so annoying, i'd probably say that he looked hot then. i looked away, and back to outside the window where i could read the streets and cities on the freeway signs until we got to where we were going.

...

"and we're here," finn said with a smile on his face, eyes still on the road as we pulled into a parking lot with a lot of other cars in it. i got excited when i recognized where we were, and could've almost hugged him right then and there.