3. why do you wanna know me?

"FINALLY YOU GUYS ARE HERE!" i yelled before pulling both sadie and millie into a tight embrace. "what took you forever?"

millie laughed before pulling away from the hug. "we were only ten minutes late y/n!"

"and we saw each other at school," sadie added. "since when are you so excited to see us anyway?"

"since i have news to share!" i said, instantly gaining the attention from my best friends. they went wide-eyed before asking me about what i needed to say and rushing me to spill. i laughed at them and told them to be patient, and minutes after we were all situated comfortably in different areas across my room.

"okay you told us to sit down, now get to talking," sadie demanded while sitting up-right on my beanbag chair.

"well, finn kind of asked me out in first period today," i admitted lowly while millie and sadie exchanged excited glances. seeing how happy they were about the news made me less anxious about accepting finn's dare because after all, your friends see things in a person that you normally do not.

"and what did you say?!" millie squealed from the floor, throw pillows underneath and all around her. 

"i mean... like, i guess i said yeah? he basically said he could make me fall for him by the time the project is due and said he wanted to get to know me and stuff," i explained.

"when do you guys go on your first date?" sadie beamed. "you gotta tell us the exact time and location so we can take photos for the wedding album!"

i rolled my eyes playfully. "please, you guys are acting like i'm going to actually fall for him."

"and you're acting like you're not!" millie argued. "if you didn't like him you wouldn't be as excited to tell us that he asked you out!"

i laughed. "you've got a point but i don't like him! something about him just...excites me, you know?"

"yeah, yeah," sadie said, making a shooing motion with her hand. "we can talk about you and your lover later, we've literally got to binge watch miraculous tonight and tomorrow since there's no school."

"yes!" millie and i agreed in sync.

...

is there anyway to clear your mind when you have nothing to distract it? when it's dark and silent and the only noise you hear is your own sub-conscious talking to itself? my eyes laid wide awake as the soft snores that escaped millie's lips filled the emptiness of my room. i tried my best to go to sleep, but i decided to get on my phone anyway.

and as if on cue, someone random texted me out the blue. perhaps the universe was saving me from my restless boredom.

unknown
This better be the right 
number🙄🙄

you
who is this??

unknown
It's me love

mentally i rolled my eyes. of course it was finn.

you
bro, who?

maybe: finn
It's Finn lovey, don't play
dumb

you
why do u have auto-caps
on💀

maybe: finn
Why do you not though?

you
bc i don't cap😍😍
an ee wayz y are u texting me
at 3am??

maybe: finn
bc i can't gts without talking to 
you

you
awh you took the caps off😍😍

maybe: finn
because i'm not capping rn
anyways, i'm taking u out
tmr night

maybe: finn
wait i'm stupid i mean today
tonight

you
where?

maybe: finn
it's a surprise 😏

you
okay mr. romantic i'll
see you tmr ig

you
gn

maybe: finn
good night love❤️️

words: 620

author's speaks!!
BAHAHA this was supposed to
be longer but i had 600 words 
written like on saturday and 
deleted it on sunday bc i 
didn't like the chapter 😍

anyways, i love how i'm 
committed to my schedule😍😍
anything for you guys ig <3

BUT LASTLY, this is kind of a filler
and the next chapter will
be more eventful!! love you!