CHAPTER 52: THE REID'S

The woman looked up at the blue sky and breathed a relieved sigh. How long had it been since she took in such fresh air? The days she had spent in that place were so horrible that she reflected a lot about her life.

What she had always wanted was to live a perfect life without any hindrance but full of prosperity. Getting pregnant without getting married was a huge toll for her that she wanted to get rid of it. She wasn't the only one with this idea but even her longtime boyfriend wanted the same.

As a result, she decided to keep the child as her cousin was so desperate about adopting a child. Her cousin was even willing to give her a huge amount of money so she endured, gave birth to the child she didn't have any attachment to and offered her to her cousin.

With that money and the other money, they had saved, they went to the city where they started their own businesses, got married and started a family. The child she abandoned she never bothered with her as to her she didn't exist.

Mary loathed her existence because she reminded her of the past that she desperately wanted to forget. She wanted to get rid of that stain in her life and she did everything possible but in the end what happened?

She just couldn't believe that one day that child changed, she fought back and landed her and everyone in this predicament. At first she was angry and mad at Krystal but with time after reflection she realized that this was just karma and Krystal was lenient.

That child was not the child she knew, she was like a possessed body and that frightened her. What her family did to the child was so heinous that all the contempt they received was well deserved.

In just few weeks, her family had collapsed. The businesses went bankrupt and all the reputation got lost. How was it still possible for them to remain in the city after everything that had happened?

Mary was not sure why all of a sudden Krystal dropped the charges against her and Emerald. She was relieved at first but something still felt very wrong. That feeling was very correct as she saw a taxi approaching her.

Her husband was too busy to come and take her, her son was even mad at her he didn't see or talk to her after being arrested. She wanted to go and pick her daughter from juvie, and she didn't call any taxi yet.

Seeing a taxi, she was happy as she can use it to go where she wanted but someone came out from the taxi which made her hair stand up. Krystal had come for her and she just wanted to escape somewhere far.

She saw how cruel this young girl was the day she wanted to end her. Just how things did turn this way? Mary stood frozen as she watched her eldest daughter taking light steps towards her with a face filled with emotions.

If someone were to see her they would think that she felt very sorry for her but only she knew the contempt hidden in those eyes.

"You have aged faster, I feel good seeing you like this," with a smile she spoke lazily as she stopped right in front of her.

"What do you want?"

"I wanted to see you one more last time and tell you about something very important. The reason why I am letting this go," Krystal dragged her words as she looked at her.

'W-What is it?" Mary stuttered as she wasn't ready to listen to whatever Krystal had to say. She was afraid that it will be something that she won't be able to take.

"I just wanted you to know that your wish was fulfilled. You wanted Krystal dead and she did as you expected. She drowned bottles of pills and committed suicide. A wandering soul like me ended up occupying her body. All I wanted was to live my life but you and your daughter just never let me be. This is the reason why I taught the lot of you lessons that you will remember for the rest of your lives. For the sake of your daughter who loved you despite your hatred towards her, I didn't kill you. I am very capable of doing just that but I let you live as this is the last thing that I will do for your daughter," Krystal spoke and Mary froze as she listened to the girl speaking.

Everything simply made sense now, no wonder why things went sour. Her daughter died and she got possessed?

"So live your life humbly and do not cause any problems for me again because next time I will take the lives of your precious kids and leave you childless. These hands of mine had spilled a lot of blood and adding the lot of you will not make a difference," Krystal sternly warned her.

"You-you.... I will not bother you again. Please let the children go," Mary felt defeated and surrendered.

All this time she thought she had the upper hand but only realized that she had been playing in Krystal's palms all this while. She really felt so down, defeated and ashamed.

"Since I have come all this way, I will gladly escort my mom to collect Emerald. There are no taxis around here," Krystal politely smiled at the white ashen woman.

This was truly satisfying; she could tell that Mary will stay away from her which was good for her.

The taxi driver didn't know exactly what was happening but he recognized the girl whom he drove. Seeing the other woman being brought to the car so carefully, the driver felt warmth in his heart.

How can there be such a forgiving child? After everything that woman did to the child, she still forgave her and even came to pick her up. Just what came into these people to treat such a filial child like that?

Krystal was happy when she saw the effect of her acting on the taxi driver. Without saying much, she gave the driver the address of the juvie where Emerald was sent.

When they arrived there, she didn't send Mary in but had the driver send the mother and daughter pair home when they go out. She paid the man a huge amount of money before hailing another taxi to go back home.

By the time the pair came out, they took the taxi that Mary came up with and Emerald being still unreconciled began to badmouth Krystal which only made the taxi driver fell disdain towards her.

With such a child, how can the family not meet their own doom? Mary who saw the change of the man's face couldn't help but feel sour in her heart. She was going to desperately go and teach her daughter again and hoped that it wasn't too late.

Their life was no longer the same as before. They pampered her before because they could afford it but now it was no longer the same. Mary felt real regret but it was already too late for that.