⚔Chapter 18: Hands are stuck

A U T H O R

"Human?" Heather faked a laugh, confusing the other. "Are you out of your wits? Why would a human be here? How will a human get here?" She crossed her arms and put on a serious expression. "I'm not human. You're mistaken, Flake Kim." She pushed him away and left the washroom.

Flake furrowed his brows and looked at her back as she walks away from him. "I don't think I am." He shoved his hands inside his pocket and left the room as well. They returned to the classroom and the whole class quickly returned to their seats. Turns out, they didn't continue the lecture and chose to gossip about what happened.

"Are you all right, darling?" Jadis asked and looked at Flake's condition. "Don't worry. I will talk to that girl and give her a lesson. No one messes with our top student." She blinked twice, wanting a 'Thank you', but Flake didn't like the special treatment and quietly returned to his seat.

Since his first year, the school always gives him special treatment like what happened just now. He never liked the attention but he couldn't run away from it because of the allegations that he's the lost prince. No one knows the answer to that mystery but for everyone, it's definitely Flake.

"Ms. Heather," Jadis called after their class ended. "A word?" Heather fixed her desk and walked to Jadis's table with her head hanging low. She forgot that she had to stay away from trouble as much as possible. Her curiousness just got the best of her and unwillingly put her secret in danger. "Are you new here? I never noticed you here before."

"I just started this year. I'm sincerely sorry for the trouble I caused. I promise you that I will be obedient from now on. I got too excited and didn't think of the consequences. I was wrong." She bowed then lifted her face.

"Flake Kim is one of the school's pride, Ms. Heather. As you know, he might be the son of the king and queen. If what happened today reaches the royal family, our school will take the blame, not you. It better be the last time you cause something like this. If not, I will be forced to suspend you." She left the room and shut the door close.

Heather sighed in relief and looked at Jadis as she walks into the hall. "Vampire boy obviously got into her head. She's under his control." She crossed her arms and narrowed her eyes. "The lost prince indeed is the most powerful creature but...it can always be not Flake. He's probably taking advantage of everyone's assumptions."

"Aren't you hungry?" She turned to the door and found Firo leaning against it. "We saved you a seat in the cafeteria."

They left the classroom and went to the said place. It's a wide room with many windows. Witches have been changing the skies and weather again so even if it's still day, it was night-dark outside. The room is lit up by blue lights on the sides. It's packed with students of different years, chattering while eating happily.

They headed to their reserved table and found Chase already sitting there. "Where's Maya? I thought she wanted to eat with us?" Firo asked and sat beside him. Heather sat across the two and looked around.

"She wanted to order immediately because she wanted to get the limited edition clams from Doreen Ocean. You know how she is. She'll do anything for limited cafeteria food." Chase said while writing something in his journal.

"Should I go ahead and get myself the good stuff?" Heather asked which Firo didn't hesitate to agree on. She left her seat and fell in line with the others. It was a long buffet with various dishes but Heather had her eyes at the desserts table. "It's a whole feast. Does this happen every day or it's only because it's the opening?"

"Are you kidding me?!" A loud shout got everyone's attention. Heather leaned to her right to see what's going on in the front of the line. "You want to give him the clam because he's a senior? I came here first! You have to be fair!"

"Why does that voice sounds so familiar?" Heather furrowed her brows and tried to find the girl who's arguing with the serving crew. She left the line and went to the forming crowd.

"Is this how the system works? I patiently waited in line to get these clams. I came here earlier than this person, but you're telling me he gets the last serve because he's a senior? Talk about being biased! The disrespect!" Heather widened her eyes when she recognized her.

"It's that girl earlier. Why does she always get these unfair situations? First with Gracie, then this again?" She told herself and kept watching.

Suddenly, Chase went through the crowd and stood in front of the girl. "What's this about? Why are you arguing with a sensitively emotional lady?" The girl quickly slapped his arm and glared. "Listen here. She's not gonna shut up unless you give that to her. Her life depends on those clams, I mean it."

The senior rolled his eyes and had no choice but to give her the plate of clams. "Take it. Seems like you need it more than I do." He said and left the scene. Chase quickly pulled the girl to their table after getting the food.

"Ohhh, so she's the Maya." Heather returned to the back of the line and waited until she got her lunch. She grabbed all the dessert she liked and returned to their table.

"I swear, I had enough of people cutting lines today. It's the first day of school and I'm getting headaches!" The girl earlier said and massaged her temple. "It's been a messy day and I don't want another problem." Heather sat beside her, getting her attention. "Hey... You're the one who splashed the potion into Flake's face."

Heather's eyes grew big and the two boys suddenly caught off guard. "She did what now?" Chase asked then looked at Heather. "You're some brave soul, Heather."

"How did you know that? Did my classmates tell you?" The girl furrowed her brows at Heather's question.

"I'm your classmate, Heather," She said looking at Heather's name tag. "Does Mayane Park ring a bell? I introduced myself earlier though you strongly disagreed with that segment." Heather shook her head with her eyes still wide open. "You probably didn't pay attention because you said we'll know each other eventually."

"Why do you sound so mean? She's a friend." Chase quietly said.

"Leave me alone, Chase." She faced Heather again. "You should know that the whole class hates you for what you did. You told me earlier that you're new, and I get that you still don't know how things work here but you should at least know your limits."

"Know my limits?" Heather was offended and wanted to say so many things to her but she decided to keep it minimal. "The teacher asked me to give a reason why I don't like introducing myself and I gave my reason. And what happened to Flake was an accident. How could you hate someone because of an accident?"

"Accident or not, you seemed so full of yourself. This isn't your territory. You can't just do everything the way you want." Maya left the table annoyed, bringing her tray with her.

Heather's annoyance doubled. She looked at the desserts she brought, trying to stop herself from blowing up. "Heather--" Firo called but Heather quickly left the table and ran towards the door, going to who knows where.

--

Maya is a bit..🥴 Anyway, I wanted to double-update today because I messed up last night😅 I'm sorry if I kept someone waiting!😞

I actually read one of my books again and this book is probably the most dramatic one I ever made so I cried...while reading...my own book💀 I know what's gonna happen but I still ended up crying my eyes out😂 I just thought it would be fun to read it again and so I cried several times and got all hoity-toity with this one part😆 

MOVING ON THO! I hope you guys liked the chapter!! And I'm sorry again if I couldn't update yesterday🥺