Chapter 9: Pride

"So," Eraserhead, who's real name was revealed to be Aizawa thanks to Present Mic, "starting today we're going to have a class representative, I don't care how you guys decide. Any questions?" Izumi saw the pink girl from across the room, who she knew to be Mina Ashido, raise her hand, "yes?"

"When are we supposed to be getting our hero suits?" It had been about two weeks since school started, and about 3 weeks since they were told to submit designs for the suits they'd use when they were pro heroes.

"Tomorrow," Eraserhead was already zipped up in his sleeping bag, "now no more questions. Decide on who your class rep is," Aizawa laid down, "you have until first period begins to choose."

And with that, Izumi's peers went on an outburst. With all the noise, she was certain that she'd been transported to a trench, with dozens of soldiers shouting after getting their trench raided. At least that's how it felt when she couldn't tell a word of what anyone was saying. Katsuki, who was peacefully laying back in his chair and leaning on her desk was still undisturbed. She could only wish to have his levels of carelessness, for he must've been in peace despite what was going on. He threw his head back until he was using her desk as support, his eyes went as high up as they could to where they barely saw Izumi. "Oi," she could read his lips, "Izumi?"

"What's up?" She asked through the sounds of gunfire like screams.

"Do you think you could shut them up?" Katsuki asked back, she was surprised that his lips could be read easily.

"Maybe...but how would I do it anyway?" He shrugged, clearly not knowing what she could do himself.

"You can shut their mouths with your quirk someway, I believe in you!" Izumi sighed, knowing that he was right.

"Alright," Izumi placed her hand on the desk; fiery trails came from her fingertips before converging into one flow on the back of her palm. From there they traveled upwards, acting like a string to the newly forming sphere in the air, "you might want to cover your eyes, Kacchan." His eyes widened at the expanding balloon of fire, behind it he could see just a hint of what seemed like sunlight. Which was why he forced himself forward, planting his head into the desk, "sorry everyone, but you've gotta calm down!"

She quickly poked the balloon, causing an explosion of light to come out, blinding everyone in the room. In moments, the sounds of shouting became groans of pain from select students. Those who noticed what she was doing did exactly as Katsuki, "can you guys at least do this civilly? It sounds like a zoo in here with all the shouting," Izumi said, "also sorry that I blinded...nearly everyone."

She looked around the room, only two people on the other side of the room could still see. One of whom shouldn't even be over there, "anybody got any ideas for how we should do it?" She heard Yaoyorozu say from behind her, although the entirety of Izumi's attention was focused on the purple haired boy directly behind Ochako's, who had been flashed, seat. He clung to the wall as he desperately tried to reach for her skirt.

"Yeah yeah, just give me a moment," Izumi stood up as fiery ropes appeared from the back of her neck. Four different strands went in four different directions as they all shot towards Mineta. One wrapped around the ball he'd been clinging onto, melting it instantly. And the other three had wrapped around him before lifting him into the air. "I'd say we should vote on it," he hit the solid ceiling with a thud before being taped to it, "although I think a certain someone shouldn't have a say in it." A little webbing of fire spread from the ropes sticking him to the ceiling. It was meant to cover his lecherous gaze as he looked straight down into the little window of cleavage only Yaoyorozu had.

"That's a brilliant idea, Midoriya," Iida said, "Yaoyorozu-San, would you mind creating 19 slips of paper and a wicker basket for us?" Despite how tense he was and how demanding he sounded, he always knew just what to say, and with the right intentions as well. As Izumi saw it, Tenya was the one most equipped to be the class' representative.