Chapter 8: Happiness

Izumi only wished for the moment to last forever, but it ended just as it began. The lip deep kiss couldn't last forever, although it did seem like it. The two went their separate ways after the festival was over, she didn't know what he did when he got home. But she knew that she hobbled over to her bed and passed out when falling down on it, her dreams were filled with nothing but that singular kiss they shared.

When she woke up, she went into her closet and put on the uniform she received Friday. Instead of making breakfast as usual, Izumi left through the front door after slipping on some shoes. She headed out for Katsuki's house, hoping to get ahold of him before he took the train to UA. However, she decided against it, knowing that the train station was in between them she went to it instead. Waiting a couple of hours was something she'd done before, multiple times in fact, but she was thankful that about ten minutes passed before Katsuki came to the platform.

"Oi, how long have you been here, Izumi?" She heard Kacchan ask from behind her, "I might just beat you if you were out here for more then an hour."

Izumi smiled and turned around on the bench, looking at the man who had stolen her first kiss. "Don't worry, I basically just got here," she pat the empty spot next to her, "the train's not here yet, so I was thinking we could wait for it together." Katsuki walked over and sat down, putting his satchel down on the ground.

"So..." Katsuki picked at his chin as he paused, "how'd you sleep?" It was a simple question, but she appreciated his sentiment to her.

"Not bad, I had..." her face heated up, "some good dreams..." she brought the only dream she had up, but didn't go into detail about it. "H-How about you?"

He placed his elbows on the bench and leaned back, twisting his back. Numerous, loud cracks came from his back, "weirdly," if he said how he slept last night then he'd die of embarrassment. It was his one word reply that sparked a silence between them.

Izumi decided that she'd break their individualized solitude, "if you want," she opened her lap, "then you can rest your head here." She presented her somewhat muscular thighs for him to use as a temporary pillow, "was that t-too weird?" She asked, unknowing if this was fine or not.

"No..." he repositioned himself on the bench, to where his legs hung off the edge. "You're just fine, Izumi," she was too crazed to notice his flushed cheeks as he laid in her lap. "Thanks..." he left it at that, as to make this experience of theirs less awkward.

Izumi tried to avoid his gaze at her, but eventually she stared downwards at him. "So..." she began, Katsuki echoed her a few seconds later. "You slept weirdly?" He confirmed that with an exasperated sigh, "did you have a nightmare?" She asked, disregarding the stale atmosphere around them, concerned for his well-being.

"Yeah..." Katsuki looked past her and at the sun to his right, "though I don't want to bother you with it."

"Come on," her hand unconsciously began to fiddle around with his hair, "I'll listen if you don't mind telling me." She greeted his uneasy expression with a smile, inviting him to talk more about what happened the night before.

Katsuki's stoic self broke down and sighed, "fine, you wanted this." He warned, "I..." he averted her calming gaze, "just couldn't sleep." She noticed the dark circles under his eyes, "which is why I want to thank you. Because of you I get to use your thighs as a nice pillow," he sneered. His behavior easily earned him a one way ticket off of her lap, but she just sighed.

"Kacchan...I can tell when something's bothering you," which was true, the two were practically inseparable after Izumi showed him her past with Inko, "if you don't want to talk about it then that's fine. But I won't hate you at all if it's bad," she was sincere in her meaning, but not entirely. She wanted to add an 'I love you,' so as to return his from last night.