Collide 1

Cassandra

"Hey Cassie, have you decided on a dress for tonight?" Laura grins excitedly.

I remove my gaze from my laptop and look at her with warning eyes. Her hair is pulled back into a ponytail and she's wearing a peach crop top with black yoga pants which tells me she just came back from her daily yoga class.

"Sorry," she says with her hands up to her shoulders playfully. "I know, I know, only Dad's allowed to call you that."

Tonight's my graduation ball, which apparently Laura is more excited about than I am. She bought me three dresses to choose from. She couldn't decide on one herself so the decision is left to me.

"I haven't decided yet," I roll my eyes, "Aren't you the one with the good fashion sense?"

She walks into my room and enters the closet to remove the dresses.

"Try them on," she says, throwing the dresses on the bed. "Come on!"

"Okay fine." I place my laptop on the bed and stand up.

All the dresses look the same to me. They're typical ball gowns with long bouffant skirts.

"Try on the royal blue first," she says, as she sits on the beige sofa next to my bed.

I remove my t-shirt and shorts then step into the dress and bring the thin strings over my shoulders. The dress is backless, the top is covered in silver lace and there is a hole cut out in the shape of a triangle just below the center of my breasts.

"Turn around," she commands.

I smile and do a three-sixty spin. I like the way the dress feels when I spin. I've never worn a ball gown before. I feel elegant.

"Wow, your boobs look really good in this one," she compliments me.

I walk over to the mirror to look at myself. "I like this one. I don't need to try on the others." I say, trying to convince her not to let me try on the other two.

"No, I want to see how they all fit," she replies, clearly not convinced. "Try on the gold."

"Okay fine," I groan.

This one is an off-shoulder dress made from a sequin lace fabric with gold glitter at the top and silver at the bottom. This dress makes me feel like Cinderella.

"That's the one," I say, a little too excited as I turn to face Laura.

"Hmmm, I've never seen you this excited about a dress before," she smiles. "It really does fit you well. Now try on the purple and white one."

This one is very playful. The entire dress is made from chiffon, it has a deep V cut going down the center of the breasts, the sleeves go down all the way to my wrist, there's a band circling my waist, and the bottom of the dress is decorated with butterflies going up in descending order.

"This one's my favorite." she says, "What do you think?"

"I can't decide, I really like the gold one but this one is equally beautiful," I reply, still looking at my reflection.

"You can think about it and decide later," She smiles. "So... who's your hot date?" She teases.

"It's Mark," I reply. "...and it's not a date."

"Mark?...Mark as in Mr. Black's son, Mark?" she asks, surprised.

"Yes. Why do you sound so surprised?"

"I don't know. Maybe because Mark's one of the most popular boys in Santa Monica. So are you guys dating or what?" she asks curiously.

"What? No! I just told you it's not a date. You know I don't date. He's only accompanying me to the ball."