Chapter 1: Secret Gift

Edit from the future: Hello readers. Coming back to my old chapters, I've realized how childish they were. Sorry about that, I'm cringing as well. Luckily, my writing has improved throughout the story. I'll rewrite these earlier chapters when I have the time. Thanks.

It was a sunny day in Amphibia. The weather was warm and summer was approaching.

Anne's phone buzzed on her make shift night stand. "5 more minutes.." she groaned. The girl got up and checked her phone. There was one notification. "Happy Birthday!" it read. Suddenly, everything sank in. Sprig kicked down the basement door and tumbled inside. "Happy birthday!" he grinned. "Thanks Sprig" Anne set her phone down. She was finally 14! but it was also her 1 year anniversary in Amphibia.

The kitchen smelled like pill bug pancakes. "Good morning Anne!" Hop Pop said. She sat down at the table while sprig handed her a plate. "It's Anne's birthday today!" Sprig told his Grandfather. The frog perked up. "Happy birthday Anne! I'm sorry I didn't know earlier". Anne took a bite from her breakfast and smiled. "No worries HP".

After breakfast, the pair went outside to go on another adventure. "We need to get you a gift" Sprig exclaimed. "You only turn 14 once!". Memories flooded back to her last birthday. The one with you know who. "Y-yeah haha" She laughed it off. "Oh look there's Marcy!". They stopped in their tracks. Marcy was...doing something. Piles of books surrounded her, along with rolls of wrapping paper. Her hair was wild and it looked like she hasn't slept in days. Well, that was pretty normal for Marcy. "Anne" She blushed. "Happy birthday!". "Thanks" Anne chuckled. They embraced each other.

"Have you gotten any gifts yet?"

"Nope. Sprig and I just woke up"

"No gifts eh? Hahah" Marcy shifted a package away from the two. It was obviously Anne's birthday gift. "Hey what's in that box?" Sprig asked. "Nothing!" Marcy replied. A nervous smiled painted her face. "It's not done yet". "Mhm.." Sprig was skeptical. Despite her words, the gift seemed finished. The box was blue and perfectly wrapped. A silver bow garnished the top. Beside the box were a pile of birthday cards, all crumpled up. It was as if Marcy rewrote her message 10 times. "Marcy, want to come to the Spa with us?" Anne politely asked her. "Er- yes! wait no!" Marcy stuttered. "I have to finish your present and I'll be right there!". "Alright, see you later Marbles".

The two friends faded into the distance. Marcy sighed and dipped her pen into some ink. How am I going to tell you this, Anne...

To be Continued...

Hello! Sorry I haven't written in so long. Unfortunately, my other fanfiction is over. I like having cliffhangers ><. As for this one, it will have an ending. This chapter was pretty cheesy but hopefully it gets better. I hope you enjoyed! PS: the first temple episode was amazing.