Chapter 3: what?

There might be spelling/grammar errors because I'm super tired xd sorryyyy

Marcy soon arrived at the Spa. It only took 5 minutes, since navigating this small town was easy. Despite it being her 3rd day in Wartwood, she knew every street and corner. The building was small and run down, nothing like the grand luxuries in Newtopia. This did not bother her. She opened the front doors to see a frog seated at the counter.

The inside was more renovated than it's crumbly exterior. Opalescent tiles covered the floors and an earthy smell loomed throughout the room. "Hello!" Marcy chirped. "I'm here for Anne". "Ah yes, the human" The reptile sighed. She rang her golden bell and led Marcy into the spa room. Marble frog statues lined the entrance. Opposite of them was Anne, sitting on a wooden recliner chair. "Anne! this spa is so cute!" Marcy exclaimed taking in her surroundings. "Everything is so ethereal yet humble! I've never seen a place like this!". "I don't know what those words mean but I agree!" Anne sipped her drink, made of who knows what. The glass was set back onto the counter and she took the cucumbers off of her eyes. The girl looked ridiculous, wearing a huge white robe with a red face mask on, resembling a clown. "Oh anyway, here's your gift!" Marcy handed her the present box. "I made it myself!" She stood confidently. Anne smirked and excitedly took the box. She unwrapped it to reveal broken glass shards inside.

"Whoops" Marcy grit her teeth. "I should've put it somewhere safer on the way here". The perfume was completely shattered and the liquid soaked into the bottom. Marcy didn't know whether to jump off a cliff or delete herself from existence. Anne looked at her partner to see her visually uneasy. "Marmar it's okay!" She reassuringly chuckled as she held the box up to her nose. "See? I can still smell it a little". Marcy sighed and sank down in the chair beside her. "I'll make you another bottle when I get more ingredients".

"What kind of perfume was this anyway? Rose? Orange?"

"It's crystal peony dragon blood scented. I got it from picking dragon flowers which are very carnivorous, plus they only bloom every 300 years"

"Ah I should've known. Thanks for the perfume, it doesn't matter if it broke". Anne's eyes softened into a light gaze. Marcy's face heated up as she giggled. "You're welcome. Maybe I can make you something else! What about a hair brush carved from petrified wood?". "No it's fine!" Anne gestured her hands. "You've already done enough work by picking whatever rare flowers you were talking about".

The two girls sat there enjoying each other's company. 5 minutes passed when Marcy turned her head to face Anne. She fidgeted with her fingers then stared at the water ahead. Is it the right time to tell her? No, I'm still too awkward. She let out a sigh. "Marbles, you okay?" Anne questioned. "No". Well that was straight forward.

"What's wrong?"

"Actually, nothing's wrong. Anne, you're so nice to me even though I set your kitchen on fire 3 times and unintentionally destroyed your birthday present"

"I know you're clumsy and it's totally fine. Besides, I think your clumsiness makes you super cute"

"What?" They both stared in disbelief as the counter frog enters the room. "Sorry to interrupt" She starts. "But there is someone outside waiting for you two". The frog exits the room as quickly as she entered. "Who could that be?" Anne got up and put her shoe ( not shoes because she only has one shoe...okay let me stop) back on. Marcy shrugged as they both left without discussing what just happened.