The Meadow

It felt like he was holding me for hours.

My tears had already dried up but he just kept holding me.

"How much longer?" he asked.

"Till what?" my voice came out muffled.

"How much longer did the doctors give you?"

I could feel his warm breath upon my head, giving me butterflies.

"A year..."

I could hear him let out a heavy breath and a sigh.

"Well, let's make this next year last forever."

He stood up and held his hand out to me.

"Let's go to this beautiful meadow of yours."

I smiled. He wanted to see the meadow!

"It'll be a long walk from here, so we better leave now." I told him.

"I have a car." he laughed.

"Oh! Even better!"

We left the music room and walked out the school, side by side.

I would constantly sneak glances at him. Sometimes he would sneak them at me. We would occasionally meet our gazes and our eyes would dart away.

He made me blush all the time! I hated it, but I also loved it. There was something about him that just gave me this strange and foreign feeling in my chest.

We approached his old Chevy Pick-up. It was a pale, rustic green and the engine released a constant roaring sound that vibrated the seats as we drove.

"Seriously? You drive this piece of junk?" I said while laughing and pointing at the dashboard.

"Hey! She is not a piece of junk! She's a beauty and gets me where I need to go. I mean, you could walk if you like." He grinned and cocked his eyebrow at me in a flirtatious way.

Again, I blushed... What the heck. I need to learn to stop with all this mushy stuff.

"Whatever you say, Kasanova!" I bursted out laughing.

"Oh so now I'm a womanizer?"

"Yes! You are! You flirt like a thirsty cat."

"Really? A thirsty cat... Are you kidding me?" He luaghed so hard.

I couldn't help but smile. His laugh was beautiful and contagious.

We continued laughing until we pulled up to the dirt road that led to the dandelion meadow.

"I don't think my abs have hurt this bad in a long time!" He said.

"Hahaha what abs?" I teased.

"Aaw hell no! You did not just go there! Teasing a man's abs is a nono!"

He leaped out the car door after removing the key from the ignition.

I quickly jumped out my door and sprinted down the road. I was still laughing and I could tell he was definately not running full speed.

"Oh I'm gunna get you now!" He said without a trace of being out of breath.

I definitely did not want him to catch me, so I came up with a plan.

I knew this place better then he did, so I'll trick him!

Before I knew it, we arrived in the meadow. The fresh air and scent of the flowers hit my nose and relieved my senses.

I immediately headed to the center of the field because there were many potholes that were formed by the moles who lived under the soil.

I was gunna make him trip!