Chapter 17

I walk through every hallway and look in every room. I can't find Alina. The house isn't even that big. It has 6 rooms, one dining room, one kitchen, and a small backyard. Well compared to our mansion in Italy. Where are we anyway?

"Ivory? Are you lost?" Dad comes around the corner and sees me looking for Alina.

"I'm looking for Alina. Where are we by the way?"

"This is my aunts old house. Now she has moved and left the house to us." Dad says as he looks around as if reliving memories only he has.

Mom follows shortly after Dad, "Remember when I drenched you with water balloons?" Mom doubles over laughing.

"Remember when I put flour in your blow dryer?" They both look at each other and then burst out laughing. If I get anything in life I want a live like Mom and Dads. They were literally made for each other.

"Alina is in her room next to Matteo and Angelinas." I quickly walk almost run to go see her.

"Alina!" I storm into the room. Gia rolls her eyes at me as she unpacks. Alina slowly back away from em.

"Yes?"

"Why didn't you choose to room with me?" I almost yell.

"Because I think it's about time you and my brother figure out your shit and what better way than to have to be stuck together." I inch closer.

"You....genius. That's actually really smart. I'm still mad though." I sigh knowing she's right.

"You should go unpack now." Alina winks and I roll my eyes as I leave, "I love you!"

"I love you too...Bitch." I hear here laugh as I walk away to my room. Well Shay and I's room.

I walk slowly stalling walking in to be in a room with Shay. Sleeping in a room with Shay. When I am standing outside of our door I take a deep breath.

I walk in and head straight for my suitcase keeping my head down. I hear Shays low chuckle, "Hey roomie."

"Hey."

"There seems to be only one bed in here. Look like we are sharing." Shay is standing in front of his open suitcases unpacking.

I look form him to the bed with eyes. Shay chuckles again. We are on opposite sides of the room but he quickly changes that. I back away until I am against the wall. Shay puts one hand next to my head and the other tilts my chin up.

"Don't worry, nothing we haven't done before." My heart races and my face burns. I probably look like a tomato. Snap out of it. You've never been this nervous around him before.

I look into Shays grey eyes. He smirks at me and leans in. My breath hitches in my throat. Is he about to kiss me?

Last second he changes his course and kisses me on the cheek. He pulls away and winks before going back to unpacking. It's about 6 in the morning. I still have an entire day before I have to sleep with him. I mean share a bed with him.

***

Unfortunately for me the day passes quickly. We don't have much to do here. Just eat food and hang out. I have done my best to avoid Shay. I don't want to embarrass myself again.

It's around nine o'clock and everyone else has gone to bed, tired after the long day and night. I decide I should head upstairs to go to bed too. When I walk in Shay is just getting out of the shower.

My jaw drops and my whole body freezes. Shay stands right out side of the bathroom door with just a towel wrapped around his waist. I shut my jaw and turn away once again embarrassed.

"Put some clothes on." I say turned around with my arms over my chest. Don't put clothes on.

"I think you like me without a shirt on." Suddenly he is right behind me, whispering in my ear. My body shivers despite the warmth of him on my back.

Shay backs away and I stay turned around until he put clothes on.

"Okay, I put clothes on." He says with a slight annoyance in his voice.

A little part of me is disappointed he put a shirt on. I ignore him and walk into the bathroom to shower and get ready for bed. I take a long hot shower and by the time I am done and ready to get in bed it is already 9:45.

Shay lies in bed and smirks at me when I walk out.
I can practically read his mind you have to share a bed with me. Not that I'm mad about it. He just has to think I am.

I turn off al the lights and get in bed. I try to take steady breaths to keep myself calm. I have slept with a light on every night since I got back from being held by Marcello. I feel my breaths start to get faster and my hands start shaking. Instinctively I turn over and reach for Shay just to know he's there. Just to make sure I'm not there, in that place.

"You okay?" Shay whispers, grabbing my shaking hands. "Whag wrong your shaking?"

"C-can you turn on a light?" I try to say a steadily as possible.

"Of course." Shay leans over and turns on a light but never let's go of my hand. When the light is on I see his extremely worried face. His brows are knit together in confusion.

"I-" I try to explain but I can't. I just stare at our hands and try to stop shaking.

"It's okay. You don't have to explain. Do you want me to leave the light on?"

"Yes, please."

"Anything for you Ivy." Shay gets up and turns the bathroom light on closing the door slightly so we get a little light, but not to much. He lays back down next to me and we both just lay there for a moment.

My heart still pounds in my chest and my hands are still shaking. Just roll over and put your head on his chest. He won't push you away. I glance at him and he glances at me.

"Come on," he whispers opening his arms for me to wrap myself in.

I quickly scoot over and he holds me closely. I take in his scent and his body. I put my hand on his stomach. I listen to his heart beat and how he breathes. I match his breathing and I feel as if our heart beats become in sync.

Shay kisses me on the forehead lingering his soft lips for a second, "Goodnight Ivy. Please remember, I'm ready when you to be more than friends. I will wait for you."

He's perfect. Why arent you ready? Tell him your ready.

No what if he hurts you again. I mean who could love you. He probably agreed with everything Emily said.

No he said he only dated her because he was jealous of you and Linus. He will treat you right and he like you for you. Not some front you put up.

But what if he's using me? What if he only wants me to prove he can get me?

No Shay wouldn't do that. Would he?

I give up thinking about this. Shay can prove to me if he will really wait. I don't need to decide now. I wish this were easy. I wish I wasn't an over thinker.