Author's Note

Oh...hello :)

Long time no chat! Hope you're all doing well, or at least holding up okay in these chaotic times. Things are starting to look brighter in my home state here in the US with the vaccines, so I'm feeling cautiously hopeful for the first time in a long time.

However, despite my optimism, I am a little hesitant to start uploading this story because if I'm totally honest...it is the definition of "scattered" - I started it on a whim after watching one of my favorite old chick flicks a few weeks ago.

I still very much enjoy keeping up with what Joe and Dianne have been up to through their YouTube videos and social media, but I'm just not as invested as I once was, or as invested in my own writing, if I'm honest. I had been spending a lot of time on another Joe and Dianne story before I started a new job and then just totally hit a wall and lost all motivation. I can basically place Joe and Dianne into any existing chick flick and they fit perfectly - so this idea came to me, and I figured I'd give a lighthearted, unoriginal idea a shot in order to get my motivation back.

The bad news...is the original story is still laying dormant in my drafts.

The good news...is that I've really loved writing this cheesy, dumb story SO much instead and I've knocked out 14 chapters in a few weeks and I'm still going strong. I feel like it was time to start sharing it, because it might bring everyone a little needed joy.

Now - to the necessary details:

- Have you ever seen the movie "The Wedding Date" with Debra Messing and Dermot Mulroney? (Probably not, because, as we've established before, I am pretty ancient compared to all of you, and also American.) It came out in the US way back in 2005 and I consider it one of the last remaining great chick flicks of my teenage years. If you have happened to see it...that's the movie this story is based off of! It is completely unrealistic, a little over the top, but very fun. As usual, I am trying to make this story "my own" with my own small twists and turns. And unlike "New Girl", I'm going to try to avoid totally reusing scenes straight from the movie...however the overarching storyline will be similar. So...if you didn't like the movie, you probably won't like this story.

- There is a slightly adult theme to the plot...but I promise it is not anything above PG-13. Some bad language and some "suggestive" elements that come with adult relationships, but beyond that, I just can't write anything above PG-13 if I'm honest. Just be aware that the concept is off-the-wall...it's based off the movie, and I don't think anything like this plot line would happen in real life.

- I am not promising brilliance here (not that I ever do) - but I'd say this has been my most "fast and loose" story I've written and it is not my best work. But...I think it's decent enough to at least take your mind off of things for a few minutes every couple days. (With that said, just take this whole story with a grain of salt and don't be too harsh...I am aware it's not literary genius!!)

- Finally - the motivation to write this came in part due to muchaboutnothing03 !  They recently released "On Board" - super fresh and original Joe and Dianne story, and if you enjoy my "alternate reality" style stories, I think you'd LOVE "On Board" - so go check it out!

- I will not be updating every day, but am hoping to do 2 chapters a week...although if I end up finishing this story faster than I am anticipating, I'll speed up the uploads.

- If nothing else, I'm hoping these "re-makes" I've been writing (First with "New Girl" and now with "The Wedding Date") will hopefully introduce you all to these great old TV and movie masterpieces :) Some solid nostalgia happening to me during this pandemic, clearly.

I know it's the middle of the night in the UK, but hopefully you'll wake up and enjoy this little ridiculous story in your notifications. And so now, after my normal boring preamble...I introduce you to the first chapter of "The Wedding Date".

Enjoy :)