Before - IX

Oliver's POV

"Lena, can I talk to you? I didn't mean to slam the door in your face, I just didn't want you to know something so... embarrassing." I wiggle the doorknob and discover it's locked. I furrow my eyebrows and knock again. "Lena, please open the door."

I hear footsteps and then the door cracks open to her beautiful face. She's wearing a strange expression and I can't quite place it. "Is everything alright?" I ask. She manages a smile and opens the door to the rest of her room. Jordan is on her bed, looking at me. Millions of thoughts run through my head and it's hard to breathe. "Lena what the fuck is this?"

She looks at the ground and says, "We were just talking, so its nothing you have to worry about." I look at Jordan for confirmation and a pained expression crosses his face before he nods at me. I look at her again and find that she means it. I sigh before saying, "Jordan, would you excuse us please?"

He nods and wears a tight-lipped smile before getting off of the bed and slipping out the door. I close it behind him and grab Lena's hands and lead her to her bed. I sit cross-legged in front of her and say, "Look, I'm sorry about earlier, but did you really have to resort to having Jordan in your room? Do you know how that looked to me? I was terrified that maybe you'd developed feelings for him and you've only been here a couple of days." She looks at me with guilt in her eyes. "Look, he wanted to talk to me and I let him. It was nothing serious," she says.

"I want you to feel safe here, like no one can hurt you and trust me, developing feelings for Jordan will only end in pain. I care about you," I sigh. She looks skeptical before saying, "What do you mean it will end in pain?" I look around the room as if to find a way to say this but decide to be blunt. "Jordan has a history of beating his girlfriends. You know how I feel about assholes like that, but the rest of the band voted to let him in. He's good at what he does, yes, but I will never get over the fact that he hurts women. This is exactly what you've ran away from and I don't want it to happen to you again. I sincerely think.... that I could make you feel something. Something like love. Something he could never make you feel."

She looks at her hands and a single tear slips out of her eye. Within seconds, she's crying her eyes out, nodding and bringing my face to hers. She kisses me as if she's never kissed before, as if my kisses are oxygen to her lungs. Every fiber of my being comes alive as my hands find her beautiful face and pull her closer to me. It's as if we're one being that can never be ripped apart. I crave her like nicotine, like heroine. She wraps her arms around my neck and we dive into what I would call love.