Chapter 7

“My dear girl, you fell for him”

△△△

BROCK

“I just don’t understand why we need to be here so many times a week. When does my client get to go home to his farm in Minnesota?” I heard Paul as we sat in Vic’s office.

“It's Friday night, technically he is supposed to be here.”

“Yes but was he supposed to be here on Monday? Certainly not. He has his own gym that he likes to use, so calling him for photoshoots when all he wants to do is kick ass is ridiculous.”

I was used to them talking like I wasn’t even there, it didn’t bother me because it was the reason Paul had been by my side since day one. He did the talking and I did the walking, “I'm not even scheduled to fight tonight, I'm just sitting around like a fucking duck”

Paul chuckled, “Exactly.”

“I have discussed with you that things will be changing around here. We are looking to expand to being more than local, this could be big for all of us if you just bared with me and allow for more exposure of the brand. The more we do, the more we make.”

“Or the more we lose, the reason why this gym is packed every week is because its not mainstream. The wrestling aspect you introduced is fun, it's like a commercial between the real gritty shit so I support it but the more you open this business to the world the more you just blend in and start succumbing to what they want” Paul argued while I slowly tapped my foot, becoming impatient with the stupid meeting.

“While I respect your opinion Mr Haywood, I don’t need you to support my decisions.  I have to think of what's best for my family and us doing more shows and getting more exposure will help that. But I do apologize, I had planned to put you on the list tonight but Mark didn’t show so we had to make a mixed tag match.”

I stood up and shook his hand and left Paul to deal with whatever else he had to say.

I heard McKenzie’s voice as I approached my locker room and by her attire and Tom’s I realized they would be wrestling tonight. It pissed me off seeing them together, she was playful and laughing loudly while they shared some joke. I stood against the wall and waited for him to leave so I could go and greet her, I wasn’t used to feeling bad for going off on someone but I did about snapping on her.

“Brock, since when are you here when you aren’t booked?” I heard a voice and turned to see a blonde. I recognized her voice from the other night with McKenzie but couldn’t remember her name.

“Just felt like watching tonight” I shrugged while she moved closer which caused me to focus on her, I didn’t like people getting close.

She ran her fingers over my arm, “You can watch me if you want”

I chuckled cause I didn’t need this shit, I leaned in and whispered, “I'm sorry blondie but even though I could, I don’t want to.”

I walked into my locker room and decided to just wait till after McKenzie’s match but frowned as I heard my door close and sighed as I saw the blonde again.

“Didn’t you fucking hear what I said?” I wasn’t used to the women even coming near me cause they walked on eggshells around me and here she was following me around.

“I did but I just don’t think you realize how much fun we could have”

I heard Tom’s music and knew their match was starting. 

“Get out, haven’t you heard to stay away from me?” I lowered my voice and stared blankly at her.

“Well, if you can hang out with McKenzie, why can't you do even more with me?  A real woman.”