Chapter 17

"Because this is the moment
where you end things... "

◇◇◇

I got up to get my phone off the table in the corner of my room and heard the door open as I glanced over my notifications. “So what did you order us for dinner?”

“A beast…” I felt his breath against the back of my neck and froze for a few seconds before I turned and saw Brock standing in front of me. He wore a trackpants with a wife beater and I was sure he had just showered before he came over cause I could smell the soapy scent on him.

“Where’s Paige?” I questioned as I remembered that she had left to answer the door. He didn’t answer me but instead let his eyes trail over every inch of my body slowly as I stared up at him.

I wasn’t sure what to do as a couple hours before I had kicked him in the balls and now I seemed to be alone with him in my apartment.

He moved closer to me and while I wanted to step back, the table behind me prevented me from doing so. He still hadn’t looked me in the eye as his hands trailed up the side of my thighs and I held my breath as his hands moved further beneath my nighty. His hands briefly cupped my breasts as he inhaled deeply and immediately removed his hands from my body.

He shook his head and sat on the edge of my bed while I was left flustered.

I moved towards him but kept some distance as I folded my arms and questioned him again as he looked at me, “Where is Paige?”

“She left.” He rest his palms on the bed behind him as he leaned back abit, “I told her that I needed to speak to you.”

He shrugged and I rolled my eyes, “So you just sent her away? I guess I shouldn’t be surprised because you think just because everyone’s afraid of you, you can get what you want every fucking time!”

“You’re afraid of me then?” He questioned with a blank face.

“No!” I immediately responded even though I couldn’t be sure when I had certainly provoked him by my actions before I left him.

“Now why don’t you come closer then?” He smirked and motioned me towards him with his hands.

“I am not afraid but I still don’t want to be near you!” 

His face dropped but only for a second as he was able to regain his composure quickly as he breath in deeply and ran his hands over his knees before his eyes met mine. “Kenz…”

“Don’t you dare ‘Kenz’ me. You don’t get to Kenz me right now”

“You know what, McKenzie? I am fucking sitting here, using all the strength that I have not to tear that piece of silk off your body and fuck you cause I want you so badly. Now you’re saying all this shit to me, how do you want me to react? Do you want me to snap at you and shout? Do you want me to push you up against the wall or do you want to get over here and slap me? Better yet, give me another fucking lowblow because you seem to enjoying doing that.” His voice was calm but I could see that his restraint was wearing thin.

I was caught offguard by all he had said in one breath and cursed my cheeks for blushing for certain things he had said. I found myself really staring at him as I tried to think of a response for him and stared at his muscular arms and lowered my gaze to the area I had hurt.

He ran his hands over his face in frustration and they soon revealed his blue eyes that burned into mine.

I walked towards him and stopped right in front of him, “You can punch me or slap me, Kenz. I don’t care, I just want a proper reason for…”