Chapter 14

"...You obviously wouldn’t care
how I feel right now
because you are Brock fucking Hunt
and you are used
to getting everything he wants

◇◇◇

I had been seated on the kitchen floor with Rover for about fifteen minutes since Brock left and we had quite the bonding session.

I was sure he felt sorry for me as my tears had flown as soon as Brock left. I wasn’t sure why because I knew he just shouted out things in harsh tones as a reflex. I had washed my face though and could feel the lump in my throat subsiding as I gently allowed my fingers to run over the Bulldog’s fur.

“Let’s hope your owner is in a better mood when he eventually returns” I whispered and cleared my throat but stopped talking as I heard the door swing open.

“McKenzie!” I didn’t bother moving as I heard his footsteps but thanks to Rover he soon found me and I let my head rest back against the fridge as I closed my eyes.

“Are you hiding away from me?”  He whispered into my ear and I opened my eyes and saw him crouching beside me with a smirk on his face. It seemed his mood had improved thanks to the phone call he had been reluctant to take.

“Maybe” I shrugged and looked ahead while he sat down next to me.

“I am sorry for losing my cool with you, I just didn’t want to stop what we were doing” 

He bit onto my shoulder and I wanted to know who Rachel was even though I had my assumptions, so I swiftly straddled his lap and he looked at me in surprise.
I kissed him eagerly and he instantly returned it while his hands slipped into the back of my shorts and gripped my behind hard as he pushed me onto him while pushing himself against me. 

The next thing I knew he was lifting me in his arms as he stood up and set me down on the counter, “This needs to be quick”

He groaned into my neck and tugged on my shorts before he pulled it off and kissed me again. His fingers moved up my inner thigh and hooked into my underwear but I stopped him, “No!”

He stared at me, confused once again, as I questioned him, “Whose Rachel?”

“Are you fucking being serious right now, Kenz?” He looked at me with frustration written all over his face while all I did was nod. “We can talk about this later, come on baby”

I ignored the pleading look on his face as I felt myself wanting to give into him “No!”

“Are you seriously telling me no?”

I folded my arms and narrowed my eyes at him and he glared in return before he moved away from me and kicked the kitchen cupboards before leaving through the backdoor.

I pulled up my shorts and followed him outside where I realized just how much land his family owned. I noticed him making his way towards the barn and I quickly ran after him and stood in front of him which caused him to stop.

“I am sorry, I shouldn’t have teased you like that. I just thought that it was a good way to get you to tell me”

He sighed and looked down, “Who do you think she is?”

I glanced down at my fingers as his gaze shifted to me expectantly, “Someone you’re…”

“She’s my wife not someone I am fucking or anything. I don’t have… I am not with anyone else besides you” I felt him tip my chin so that I could stare up at him while I just didn’t know what to say even though I probably should have known. “I should have told you more and I am sorry for that. Look Kenz, you’ve got to head back tonight”