Chapter 9

I wake up the next morning, relieved that it is my day off. I go into the bathroom and take a shower. My mental health has been really shit recently and being in love with Jo really helped that, even if she didn't love me back. But now I find out she is so different to what i thought, I am back to being down in the dumps.
I sit down on the sofa not knowing what to do with myself. Do i watch TV, do i go back to sleep. Part of me knows doing something actually productive with my day will make me feel better, but i have zero motivation.
I end up thinking about Jo again. I hate her now. And i know i seem over dramatic but I am not. Just like Tessa brought Hardin out of the darkness, Jo did the same for me. Even if she did only like me as a friend, she was my best friend. But now thats gone. And I'm alone again.

                                            * * *

I spend the whole day alone at my hotel room. Sleeping, eating and just all round just doing fuck all. I did call my mum today though, but the conversation was no longer than 5 minutes.

I am just about to fall asleep when i remember i haven't eaten all day. I grab my hotel room key and head out the door.
When i am in the restaurant, i just eat on my own. I don't mind eating on my own, i do it all the time.
When I thought my day couldn't get any worse i hear two familiar voices. One being a strong Australian accent, and one being an American accent. Jo and Shane, great.
I hear Jo whisper to Shane "I'll be right there."
She comes and sits on the other side of my table. I start to stand up but she puts her hand on mine and says "Please, Hero." I decide to listen to any shit she has to say to me. "I am so, so sorry. I don't know why i did that it was stupid of me and i don't want to loose you." She looks at me with pleading eyes.
I find myself feeling completely numb. I can't feel anything. "A bit to late for that, darling." I say sarcastically, I give her an intimidating smile and start to walk off.
"I love you..." She says. For a split second my emotions come back on, but then i feel completely numb again. I turn around to face her. "Does it look like I give a shit." I say flatly. I turn back around and walk out of the restaurant, without paying or anything. I will not be tossed around like some little bitch. I don't care anymore.

A/N: I have no idea what is going to happen next. I wanted you to really see how Hero feels in this story. So that is mainly what this chapter is about. And i wanted Jo to admit her love to Hero.