Chapter 1: The Beginning of the End

1991

Cold and distant lands a hidden facility base in the snowy mountains, deep inside the facility two guards turn their keys in sync as the heavy double doors open, then the officer steps towards the clock compartment and enters the passcode. It beeps and opens up to reveal a Red book inside with a silver star.

Then one of the cryo-chambers open, feeling below freezing air and inside, Bucky Barnes AKA the Winter Soldier himself. He was dragged from his chamber and placed inside a brainwashing chair.

Screaming at the top of his lungs as whatever surfaced was immediately washed away from his mind. Then Karpov spoke the trigger words of the Winter Soldier in Russian. "Longing. Rusted. Seventeen. Daybreak. Furnace. Nine. Benign. Homecoming. One. Freight car." he said in Russian and stood in front of Bucky, looking down at him.

But Bucky said and did nothing as he looks up at Karpov, he closes the book and places it down. "Good Morning, Soldier," he tells him. "Ready to comply," Bucky answers him, then a set of clicking heels drew their attention, they both looked and saw another soldier walkout.

She then stood in front of them and Karpov turns to her, "Red Sparrow, are you ready for your order?" he asks her, she flicks her eyes at him and folded her hands behind her back

She then stood in front of them and Karpov turns to her, "Red Sparrow, are you ready for your order?" he asks her, she flicks her eyes at him and folded her hands behind her back. "Ready and awaiting orders," she answers him. He nods and looks between them. "I have a mission for you both," he informs them and held out a file.

Red Sparrow steps forward and took the file, Bucky stood up and walks to her side. "Sanction and extract. No witnesses." he orders, Bucky pants heavily, but Red Sparrow grips his hand in hers, calming him down.

~8~8~8~

In the dead middle of the night, a car drove down a signal road, Bucky waited on his bike as it passes, he turns his bike on, the front light flicks on, and followed the car closely.

Red Sparrow lands in the middle of the road and looks out at the car heading right for her, she tilts her head, then with a motion of her hands, red mist glows in them, creating red orbs and she shot them right out, hitting the car.

The driver inside lost control and Bucky came up next to the car and took out the tire, Sparrow then turns her hand to the side and causes the car to crash right into a telephone pole.

Bucky turns around and drove back to the car and came to a stop as Sparrow strides next to him. He dismounts from the bike and they both headed towards the truck. Sparrow threw a red mist orb at the trunk, forcing it to pop wide open. Bucky looks inside, revealing a case, he opens it and reveals blood bags that were filled with serum.

But Bucky returns to the facility alone, Kapov didn't care as the objective was a complete, "Well done soldier."

~8~8~8~

Lagos

Present Day.

A woman sat at a table, pouring sugar into her coffee, lightly steering it with a spoon, then took a grip of it and sips from it the cup. And this person reveals to be the Avenger, Wanda Maximoff. "All right, what do you see?" Steve asks her over the comms.