Chapter 8: Did You know

Tony and Rhoedy flew in after them, Steve looks over at the side and accelerated the engines. Then Sam threw in after them, as they were heading out from the airport. "Vision, I got a bandit on my six," Rhoedy informs him.

But Sam fired flares and they explode in front of Rhoedy, trying to throw him off, "Vision! Do you copy? Target his thruster, turn him into a glider." Rhoedy calls out again.

With one concentrated energy blast from the stone, it hurls its way right to come, who, notices it and quickly dives out of the way and the beam hits Rhoedy's arc reactor. Shutting everything down and he was falling. "Rhoedy!" Tony calls out to him

As both he and Sam dive in after him, "Tony, I'm flying dead stick." Rhoedy calls out to him. But he just kept falling. Rhoedy closes his eyes, knowing no one was going to save him in time. But Tony tries to push his suit to reach him. "Rhodes!" He calls out to him.

War Machine smacks hard onto the ground, creating a crater, Tony lands on the ground and ran to his best friend's side, he quickly removes his mask, and Rhoedy was passed out cold. "Read vitals," he orders Friday. "Heartbeat detected. Emergency medical is on its way," she informs him and he breathes a sigh of relief.

Sam then lands and steps a few feet to him, worried for Rhoedy "I'm sorry." he said to him, but Tony just glares at him and shot his arc pulse at him, throwing him back. Then Vision glides to him as he looks down at Rhoedy.

~8~8~8~

The rest of the trip was quiet as Steve finishes binding the claw wound on her leg from T'Challa, then he sat back in the pilot chair and flew the quinjet. "What's gonna happen to your friends?" Bucky asks him, breaking the silence. Steve didn't answer right away, so he just sighs. "Whatever it is... I'll deal with it," he assures him and Bucky looks away. "I don't know if I'm worth all this, Steve," he tells him.

Steve looks away then over his shoulder. "What you did all those years, what Millie did... it wasn't you. You didn't have a choice." he reminds him. Bucky just nods his head at him, "I know. But I did it." he tells him.

Steve exhales as he looks away, then Bucky looks over his shoulder at Millie as she was sleeping soundly. "You should have fought to keep us apart," he states and Steve looks back at him. "Even if I did, you two would still end up together," he tells him, then Bucky looks away from her. "All I do is drag her into dangerous situations that will get her killed or worse," he states. Steve smiles a little. "She does that just fine on her own, with or without us." he counters.

Bucky sighs, "She'll never forgive us for keeping it from her." he states, Steve frowns and looks back at his sister. "No. no, she won't. And I won't blame her either," he states and looks back. "That power of hers, the one that created that dinosaur, have you seen it before?" he asks him. Bucky nods at him, "On numerous occasions, Hydra calls out warping, she can create any form of creature or object with her mind. But it always drained her." he answers him.

Steve nods at her, "How did she get that power. I thought she was just a telepath." he states and Bucky shrugs at him. "Your guess is as good as mine," he answers. Then Millie's finger twitches as the red mist weaves between her fingers. The scenery around them morphs around them, startling the two as the jet was placed on autopilot.

They both step around as the scenery changed into a testing chamber. "Steve, where are we?" Bucky asks him as they step away, "I don't know." he answers.

Then they heard the door behind them unlock, making them both ready for whatever came through. The second lock clicks and the door was open to reveal two Hydra soldiers and they shove Millie Rogers into the chamber. They both were in shock.