Chapter 6: Choosing a Side

Bucky groans as he came to, but as soon as he tries to move his metal arm, it was stuck tight, so he looks over and saw it was stuck inside a metal compressor. He then looks past it, seeing a female's wrist, he looks closer and saw Millie was cuffed to the metal compressor, groaning as she was slowly coming to.

Steve peeks out from the window as he watches a chopper fly past the building, "Hey, Cap!" Sam calls out to him, Steve looks back and they both hurried into the room. Bucky continues to groan as he takes in his senses and looks up at his old friend. "Steve," he said with relief as Millie sat up and pressed her head into her hand, groaning from the massive headache she woke to.

Steve just looks down at him, not sure what to think now. "Which Bucky am I talking to?" he questions him, Bucky ponders as his memories were slowly coming back to him. "Your mom's name was Sara. You used to wear newspapers in your shoes." he laughs, making Steve smile at him, "Can't read that in a museum." he states, "Just like that was suppose to be cool." Sam questions Steve.

Millie groans as she shook her head, "The hell..." she mutters and flutters her eyes open. Finding herself in a warehouse. "Wha..." she mutters and moves her arms only to find one of them was cuffed. "The hell?" she questions and looks at Steve, "Welcome back Millie." Steve tells her, she exhales as she remembers the attack, "Fuck, I knew it." she mutters, Steve tilts his head at her as she looks at Bucky, "I didn't want it to be true, but it is." She states, Bucky just groans in frustration.

Sam shout a look at Steve as he was just confused, "How is that even possible?" he asks her, Millie threw up her other hand, "It may have something to do with this other power of mine. How else did they get a hold of me." she states, Bucky turns his head away, "Goddamn it." he mutters in horror. "What are you two talking about?" Steve questions him. "What did we do?" Bucky asks him.

Steve looks back at him, "Enough." he answers and Bucky exhales in irritation. "Oh, God. We knew this would happen. Everything HYDRA put inside me, inside Millie, it's still there. All he had to do was say the goddamn words." Bucky informs him. "What HYDRA put inside Millie?" Steve questions them. Millie looks back at him, "Since Ultron, I've been having these flashes and for some reason, I repressed all those memories." she states.

Steve looks back at her, "So you went hunting for answers." he states and Millie nods at him, "Scrapes and pieces of what I could find, then I ran into Bucky and he was able to help with my little problem, I was once the HYDRA operative, called The Red Sparrow. And I did very questionable things thanks to them and their trigger serum. The doctor, he must have found my file and used it to activate the chip attached to my brain." she informs him.

He just looks between them, "Who was he?" Steve asks, Millie shrugs "I don't know." Bucky answers him. "People are dead. The bombing, the setup... the doctor did all that just to get 10 minutes with you and Millie. I need you both to do better than I don't know." Steve informs him, Millie sat up. "Siberia." she states and they looked at her, "He wanted to know of a mission report of December 16, 1991. where Hydra kept us. He wanted to know the exact location," she states.

Steve just looks at her, "Why would he need to know that?" he asks her, she looks at him and shrugs, "I don't know, my memory of that time is still foggy." she states, pressing her hand to her head. But Bucky looks right at him, "Because I'm not the only winter Solider."

~Flashback~

The Winter Soldier drove up behind the car, the Red Sparrow lands in the middle of the street and directs her hands as they were engulfed in red mist and shot a red orb out at the car and it lost control.

Then Winter Soldier came out and pops one of the tires and the car swerves into the post, crashing. Winter Solider turns back and parks his bike next to the trunk.